Question

Orders from Shopify are being sent as 558:00:00 instead of just 558, causing Google Sheets not to recognize it as a number.

Hi,

We have been having some issues with our Zapier integration and I wanted to reach out to see if you could help us troubleshoot. Basically, the orders are being sent as "558:00:00" instead of just "558" from Shopify.

This is causing problems because Google Sheets doesn't recognize it as a number.

Do anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Best, Benjamin

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Reyrr 

If this the value you are getting from the trigger (Shopify) then this is what you have to work with unfortunately. What you can do is add a Formatter by Zapier step to format this number.

Thanks for you replay. 

Okey, I understand, how do I use Formatter by Zapier ro make this work for us? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That is actually easy. You will need 2 Formatter steps since I see 2 values (one for Co. D and one for Col. E)

You need to set it as follows: 

Event = Text

Transform = Extract Number

Input = the values you have

This should return 558.00 and 100.20 

You can then use them in Google Sheets

Thanks for you answer. 

I still get the word 558.00.00. Where in the Zap would i add the Formatter by Zapier to make it work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Reyrr 

The setup you have in the screenshot seems correct, you just need to add the Formatter step Output into Google Sheets instead of the Shopify output. 

Thanks for you answer! 

you just need to add the Formatter step Output into Google Sheets instead of the Shopify output. 

Do you mean like this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Its my pleasure :) 

No, like this

Strange, i did like the picture said but i still get the same result. 

But it looks corrent when i add ut it to output 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Click Retest action :) 

I have done that, still same result into google sheet :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You mean when you publish the zap? 

This setup will not change previous entries if that is what you mean, this will only change coming entries.

Or do you mean using the test data in Google Sheet?  

• You mean when you publish the zap? 
    - When I run it for a test. 

• This setup will not change previous entries if that is what you mean, this will only change coming entries. 
    - Oh so I won’t be able to runt a test and so if it works? 

• Or do you mean using the test data in Google Sheet? 
    • That is correct 
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No, a test should work if you click on the Google Sheets Retest Action if you have the field mapped correctly. 

Maybe try to retest the Formatter step, then retest the google sheets step. MAYBE the field in Google Sheets is set to this formate? You might need to check that as well. 

Tested this, Still comes out as 588:00:00 :/ 

I’m I able to share the flow and you can look at it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, but it won't have the mapped fields so I won't be able to see what is wrong. I would suggest you create a quick video (maybe use Zapier’s Zappy or Loom) and show me the exact setup of the Formatter and GSheets with the testing of the data and the values that comes out.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Reyrr sorry for all of the trouble here! I imagine this is getting frustrating. As Moh mentioned, using a video app like Loom (it’s free!) and walking through the setup might be the next best option in troubleshooting. Your other option is to continue working through things via your support ticket but it looks as though you’ve been able to make a tad more progress troubleshooting in this thread.

Keep us posted with how you’d like to move forward - we’d really love to get this working for you!