• 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All

I’m trying to build a Zap that does the following:

• Via a New Inbound Email, delivers an MP4 file to my Zapier account
  • Creates a transcription via Whisper
  • Uses ChatGPT to turn that transcription into a blog
  • Creates that blog on Google Docs

But I keep getting “invalid_request_error” in stages 2 and 4.

More details:

• I am definitely connected to Zapier and ChatGPT with the same email account
  • I have a paid subscription to ChatGPT

Here are some screen grabs from stage 2:

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 February 2024, 01:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Niels_F 

Help article about how to send files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Check the field description for guidance.

The File field expects a file url or file object, rather than the subject line of the email.

Userlevel 1

thank you, @Troy Tessalone. I’m not quite there yet!

I thought the purpose of the New Inbound Email was to get the MP4 file into Zapier so that it could then be linked up with Whisper. If I click in the *File (required) box, I get the following options:

If my two options (per the link you provided) are to use ‘a file object or certain types of URL links’, I can’t see how I access a file object apart from the listed options (which don’t seem to include this audio file specifically). Is my only option, then, to create a publicly accessible URL link?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niels_F 

The Attachment field is a file object.

NOTE: Multiple files on an email will result in a ZIP file.

I recommend using this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Userlevel 1

thank you, @Troy Tessalone. I’ve changed it to Gmail - New Attachment and used a specific file object but I’m still getting the invalid_request_error message:

any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niels_F

Post updated screenshots with how your Zap step is configured along with the encountered error.

The File field expects a file object or a file url, rather than a string of text that is the file name.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone, here are the updated screenshots. I think I’ve followed the instructions in the article about using files but it’s certainly possible I’m missing something obvious.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Niels_F 

You have mapped the attachment filename, but that is only a text value, not a file link or a file object.

The file object variable to map from Gmail will have: “Exists but not shown”

Userlevel 1

that worked. Thank you very much for your patience, @Troy Tessalone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Niels_F! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗