Best answer

OpenAI Whisper invalid_request_error

• 18 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Hello community,

I am trying to build a zap so once we have a new file on our Google Drive folder, OpenAI Whisper will transcribe it. However, I get invalid_request_error everytime I try.

Here are more details:

• I tried both mp3 and mp4 files. Latest one I tried was an mp3 that is less than 1MB.
  • My trigger is “New File in Drive”. I tried both Google Shared Drives both Google Drive.
  • I have a OpenAI API and I have $10 in there. I tested the connection and it seems no issue.

Hoping to find a solution. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kaan 19 January 2024, 12:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kaan 

The attachments didn’t upload.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kaan 

Help articles for using OpenAI: https://zapier.com/apps/openai/help

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for sending these over. I checked the articles and searched the community but could not see any solution for “invalid_request_error”.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kaan 

Make sure the file being used adheres to the field description requirements. (more)

@Troy Tessalone 

So, I used an mp3 file which was less than 1MB. This file is in my Google Drive and I added the “1.File (Exists but not shown)” property which I guess means that it’s the actual file. So, I think all should be good but not sure why it still does not work.

Any other recommendation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kaan 

These are temp files that expire (I think after 1 hour).

Try refreshing the trigger data again to select a fresh example to use to test the Zap action step.

@Troy Tessalone 

Just added a new file to my drive > Found the new record > Tested the action again and got the same error. Here are the screenshots:

Hi @Troy Tessalone and community,

I was able to solve the issue. Not sure what was it but what I did was changing the Google Drive account from the company to my personal drive and it worked. The personal email that I use is the same email with what I used in OpenAI.

So, this does not make sense but I am glad it is working now.

Userlevel 1

Hi

I’m having a similar problem but in my case the trigger is an inbound email by Zapier. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Niels_F 

Probably best to post your own topic and include details and screenshots with your Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone . I’ll do that