Question

Only one of the WooCommerce "Order Lines" is populating Google Sheets

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there

This is something I have done improperly probably!

Basically I want to pull the Order Items (not Orders) from WooCommerce using Zapier into Google Sheets,

The reason for this is that there will be some Orders that have more then 2 product on them. (There is a sort of way to do this just in Orders but this seemed (!) more ideal.

Have created the Zap - created the Order in WooCommerce - when Zapier pulls the data out and populates Google Sheets it only brings ONE of the Order Lines out!

So the Zap says “when new Order created in WooCommerce pull data into Google Sheets”.

The fields seem to be correctly mapped etc and my other Zaps for other tables work flawlessly…

I know there are 2 Order Lines and it only brings out the first line.

Huh?

Thanks for any comments though.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brynley 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

You may want to use this Zap trigger: WooCommerce - Line Item in an Order

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I think the issue is that the number of Order Lines can vary. 98% of the time an Order will have a Product Line and a Freight line.

I guess I need to run a loop of some sort?

But I guess the other thing - the data is to be added to Google Sheets as a new line.

Please see attached as to what it came out as… It’s a bit basic. (The order# is 1122)

Thank you

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

It’s unclear how your Zap steps are configured, which we would need to see to be able to evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone - I am not sure if the atached help at all… And I totally think it is something I am overthinking / not understanding… 

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

The Zap will trigger for each WooCommerce Order Line Item that has an Order Status changed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks - just curious why the data is “out of sorts” and the Date Created is weird etc? I can live with the data appearing on different lines but it seems really inconsistent to me...

Thanks

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley

If the Zap triggers once per WC Order Line Item and the Zap is configured to Create New Row, then you will have 1 Row per WC Order Line Item.

Make sure to review the help article for using GSheets in Zaps:

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for persevering - that link was useful but does not address all my specific issues - I can’t see it - but I was sure I had attached a screen shot? The one in particular shows the Order ID and how fields are missing for example. Or being added near the top etc.

For each Order Line attached to an Order I would expect all of the key fields to match up?

I don’t want to have to do a “fill down” etc to get the data into shape.

Thank you once again.

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

You haven’t provided a screenshot with how the GSheet Create Row “Set up action” section is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

I hope the attached helps.

Thank you

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

Need to see how this section is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

I hope the attached helps - I did not set up anything with all the fields - just a few so I can see things happening and the screen shots obv show just the first record and not the ACTUAL record… if that makes sense!

Thank you

Brynley

PS - also attached is a trimmed down version of the Google Sheet with the anomalies as I can see them. (fields missing etc)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

For example, if 1 Order has 2 Line Items, then you’d expect 2 rows of data to be added.

If there are additional rows of data being added, then perhaps there is another Zap ON that has a different configuration.

Check your Zap Runs to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

I am happy that the 3 lines are added - 1 each for each different product on the Order and 1 for the Freight. (Still mystified why they were plonked in different rows of the very early screen shot.)

In the attached is what I got and I have massaged a bit as to what I thought I would get. The cells marked as “??” indicate they are obviously going to be different values anyhow.

But for sure, what I was hoping for, is just not coming through.

Thank you.

Brynley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brynley 

Have you tried testing again?

Check your Zap Runs to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

You can see the data IN/OUT for each Zap step.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Your patience is unbelievable...but…

Yes there was a “order save” and a “order item save” Zaps enabled - so I disabled the “order save”.

Created a new Order with 2 line items and a freight item.

The Task ran.

But only 2 lines were added to my spreadsheet.

So I created a new Order with 2 (product) line items and a shipping item.

Only 2 lines were added to my spreadsheet.

((See attached))

However now things look better / more consistent and were added to the bottom the Google Sheet. (Yay!)

The only way forward is for me to fully define and format my Google Sheet (at the moment I only mapped 10 or so fields as a test). The freight thing could be the fly in the ointment and as I am doing it via “Add Order” and not as a proper customer would on the website maybe the 2 lines appearing are the 2 product lines and it is skipping the freight one.

After fully defining it (so I can see all the fields like SKU and Product Description) I then need to use the website as a customer would to see whether it is in fact trying to bring in 3 items but the 3rd item (shipping) is being skipped. At least that will let me narrow it right down.

Thank you.

Brynley

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  and anyone else who may find this of use.

So I created a new Google Sheet - new Zaps and so on. This sort of worked...

But instead of it giving me 2 (or more) individual lines for the 2 products it sums them up.

As I was mapping the data to Google Sheets I was seeing this the SKU (for a single Order Item) should just have “SKU1” and the 2nd line should say “SKU7” (say) but in my Google Sheet it is one cell as “SKU1,SKU7”.

Same with the Descriptions and so on. Or with the $ values it sums them up.

If I was use Orders then, yes, summing up these would be expected. But I wanted Order Items.

And of course the Freight summed up too...

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Just an update - I managed to get hold of the support for the Zapier (3rd party plugin I am using for WooCommerce). They showed me something I had overlooked (the learning curve!) but again when I ran it the results were not what I thought they should be. So I have documented it further for them.

I can confidently say Zapier does what it says it will do.

I will update when I have got to the end just in case others strike this kind of problem which kept me scurrying around for ages!