Question

OneDrive Error: "The app returned "Resource not found for the segment' root: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'."."

• 17 October 2022
  • 2 replies

So, I am having trouble creating a folder structure in OneDrive I think I need to know what ID to use for the subfolder that I am creating. Please see the below scenario. 

1. Email w/ new attachment comes into gmail
  2. The next step is finding a folder in onedrive if it does not exist create. parent folder is candidate and the folder it is looking for is fghij (this works great I can create this folder every time)
  3. Create a subfolder named 01234 for the parent folder I am using the custom field “parent reference ID” and the name of the folder I am using 01234

The error I am getting is “The app returned "Resource not found for the segment 'root:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'.".”

From the research I have done I definitely need to use an ID on the third step because the folder in step 2 does not exist until the zap runs and there is no way to specify this folder.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @zapworker 

First, to know which value Zapier is expecting in any field, you can check this quick video tutorial I made 

Second, in order to be able to do that, similar to my suggestion on the below thread, you would need to have this data I =n a Google Sheet (or similar) to be able to retrieve it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @zapworker! Thanks so much for raising this in community. It sounds like you may already be using ID’s, which is awesome.

Hmmm...from what you’ve described you should be able to map the newly created ID from the second step into a third “Find Folder/Create” search under the custom tab.

Are you able to share a screenshot of your action setup with the error message? That may help us troubleshoot a bit more with you. 🙂

Thanks so much and looking forward to digging into this with you!