Skip to main content
Question

Odoo ERP Self Hosted - can't find any modules

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

We have a self hosted version of Odoo Community (not Enterprise), currently on version 14.0-20220110. This was set up and is being supported by an external company, who is helping me along the way. But now I’ve come into this problem, and because it is summer holiday there is nobody active at the moment.

Now onto the problem: I am trying to send data from a WordPress-site to Odoo. The configuration process goes smoothly, but when I connect to the database it fails to find any modules.

According to another thread the list_db parameter in odoo.conf has to be set to ‘true’, but this is already the case. I also have administrator-rights on the account I’ve used to connect with. The server is giving a succesfull connection, but that’s all.

Is this a restriction on behalf of Odoo Community or is it another problem altogether?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zvdh 

Odoo help links that may provide guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/openerp/help

Thank you Troy, but I’ve been over the help and setup guide. But it’s good to add something more:

For accounts with odoo.com domains, not all triggers and actions will be available on Zapier. This is because these modules are not available on this version of the Odoo platform.

Our installation of Odoo is not on an odoo.com domain, but on our own domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zvdh,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Are you still running into the same issue here?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🤗

Hi @ken.a 

Yes, we’re still running into the same issue.

The company who helped us set up the Odoo installation and has helped others with working with Zapier and Odoo, think the problem occurs because we are using Odoo Community as opposed to Odoo Enterprise. However we can’t confirm this.

If we can get this working, we will surely need a paid subscription to automate a lot of functionality. But if not, we won’t have much use for a paid subscription I’m afraid.

So yes, please help if you can 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @zvdh,

Thanks for the update here.

Have you tried inputting the Module ID in the “Module” field as a custom value? You can learn more about using the custom value here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FB5MSJS9EXGERG4ZAD

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!