Skip to main content

Hi there! 

I have set up an automation between Notion-Zapier and Google sheets but I am looking for help on working with the delay. 

How I have set it up currently is New database item in Notion database- Delay of 1 hour- Create spreadhsheet row in Google Sheets. This has allowed me to import historical data from Notion tables but does not bring in new data. 

What I need is for the trigger to be dynamic and not pull in only a new database item but any edits made within 1 hour. How can I achieve that?

Screenshots attached.

Thank you! 

Hi @Ldgfy reporting, welcome to the Community! 🎉

What I need is for the trigger to be dynamic and not pull in only a new database item but any edits made within 1 hour. How can I achieve that?

Am I correct in thinking that you’re wanting the Zap to trigger on a new item, wait for an hour so that you can add the new item along with any edits that have been made to that same item in the past hour?

If that’s the case, you’d need to use a Find Database Item after the Delay action to get the current details for the item that triggered the Zap. I should note that it will not return the main content/body of the database item, only it’s properties.

If you are wanting to add the content of the database item to the Google Sheet let me know as there’s an existing feature request for the ability to access the content/body of the database item which I can add your vote to. 🙂

Alternatively, are you wanting to trigger for updated database items? If so you could have another Zap that uses Notion’s Updated Database Item trigger. Then you’d use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to find the corresponding row. Followed by a Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to update that row with the changes. 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions please let me know!