Best answer

Notion to Google Sheet: Zap not triggering on "Completed" status

• 20 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I need your help to solve an automation issue I'm facing. Here's the current configuration of my workflow:

I'm using the Notion application as a database. I've set up a filter in Zapier to filter new Notion pages. When a Notion page reaches the "Completed" status, I would like that page to be added as a new row in my Google Sheet. The issue lies in the filtering. Here's how I've configured my filter in Zapier:

"Continue only if... Notion - Status (text) contains Status: Completed"

Unfortunately, this configuration is not working. When my page in Notion changes to the "Completed" status, the automation doesn't trigger. Can you help me resolve this issue? I'm attaching screenshots to illustrate my problem.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

icon

Best answer by christina.d 22 June 2023, 00:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

And to complete my post, the status corresponds to a selection property in Notion. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @melaniegerbeaux! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Hmm, are you able to move this value to the first dropdown,:

keep (Text) Contains, and in the field below that type “Terminé”? Let us know how that works out for you! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hello @christina.d , thank you for your quick response. Yes, I tried yesterday to write "Terminé," but it didn't work. I don't understand what's not working. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the screenshot! 

I reread and think I may have misunderstood the question. If you don’t mind would love to back up a bit to clarify something. 🙂

Is the item you’re looking to trigger off a new database item/page? Or is it an existing one that is changing to “completed”? If it’s existing we may need to switch to the Updated Database Item Notion trigger.

Does that sound more what you’re after? Keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

Hello @christina.d 
Great, thank you so much, Christina. That was my issue. Sorry for the trouble, it turned out to be a very simple problem...

Thank you for all 🙂

Mélanie

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing to apologize for! Exactly what we’re here for!

Glad to hear it’s working now and appreciate you keeping the thread updated on your win. 🙂🎉