Best answer

Notion table blank after Google Form submission, despite completing the test.

Userlevel 1

Hello Community,

I have set up a Zap to transfer data from a Google Form to a Notion table whenever a new form is submitted. However, I am facing an issue where the rows in the Notion table are appearing blank after a form submission, despite the Zap testing successfully in Zapier with green checks.

Here's what I have tried so far:

• Ensured the fields from the Google Form were correctly linked to the corresponding columns in Notion within the Zap.
  • Removed a submission date field from both the form and the Zap to simplify the setup.
  • Reviewed the Zap logs, which showed no errors and indicated the Zap ran successfully.
  • Manually entered data into the Notion table to ensure it accepts entries correctly.

The Notion table has some additional fields that do not have corresponding fields in the Google Form, and I left those fields alone in the Zap setup.

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to troubleshoot this further. Any insights or suggestions on what might be going wrong or steps to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 October 2023, 00:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @brownsugar7210 

Good question.

In the Zap Runs, you can see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

If you still need help, then we will need to see these screenshots:

• How your Zap steps are configured
  • DATA IN/OUT for the Zap steps from the Zap Runs
Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, 

Thank you for your assistance. I've gone through the Zap history and taken screenshots of the data in/out as well as the Notion table. Everything appears to be functioning correctly in the Zap, with no discrepancies shown in the data in/out. However, the Notion table remains blank after the form submissions, which is puzzling.

I should mention that Notion experienced downtime yesterday, which presented some issues, but it's back online now. Despite this, the issue with the blank rows in the Notion table persists.

I've attached the requested screenshots for a better understanding of the setup and the issue. All steps in the Zap seem to be configured correctly, and the test runs were successful, yet the data isn't appearing in Notion as expected.

I'm at a loss for what might be going wrong. Is there anything else I could check or any other common troubleshooting steps I might have missed? Your further insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your time and help!

empty cells in notion table

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brownsugar7210 

Can you show screenshots with how your Zap Step 2 is configured?

This shows now values mapped from Step 1.

Userlevel 1

Step 2 - Date IN

Step 2 - Data Out (vid)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brownsugar7210 

Can you show screenshots with how your Zap Step 2 is configured?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@brownsugar7210 

You’ll want to remove the Extra fields.

There are no variables mapped from Step 1 to Step 2.

Userlevel 1

Troy, I wanted to extend my sincere gratitude for your help. Upon reviewing my setup again, I realized that I never mapped the fields in my initial setup, and that was the root cause of the issue. Now that I have corrected this, the data is flowing into Notion as expected.

Your guidance was instrumental in nudging me towards a thorough review, and I am thankful for the time and effort you put into assisting me. I appreciate your patience and the valuable insights you provided.

Thank youuuuuuu once again, Troy! xx

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @brownsugar7210! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Thank you and I will. xx