Best answer

Notion error: This version of the API does not support this type of block type. Please upgrade your API version

• 13 June 2023
  • 5 replies

TL;DR: Seeking assistance in formatting Typeform entries using Markdown syntax into a table within a Notion database, encountering an error regarding block type compatibility when switching to Markdown format

Context: 

I have a Typefrom form that I am trying to link to a Notion Database.

I am trying to pull all of the form’s entries and format them using Markdown syntax into a table inside the Notion entry (Page in a database).

I keep receiving the same code whenever I switch the Content Format to Markdown: “This version of the API does not support this type of block type. Please upgrade your API version.”

I browsed online through the community for several problems, and even though there are some, the solutions are not relevant to my case.

Here’s the Content in the Notion Action in my Zap: 

It works when I switch to plain text: 

The same plain text that if I copy it and paste it down in Notion (Manually): turns into exactly how I want it to be: 

So I am just trying to avoid that manual step by switching to Markdown instead and have it do its magic.

Any help please?

I have read through the Markdown Notion Support and found a /table-inline slash command that I am not sure how it would help.

Am I approaching this wrong?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 June 2023, 09:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cloudworkz Limited 

Good question.

Notion Markdown Guide: https://www.markdownguide.org/tools/notion/

Tables are only partially supported.

Tables require using the /table-inline slash command, which is accessible thru the Notion UI.

/table-inline creates a database table inside a current page.

Tables and Databases in Notion are not the same.

There’s a huge distinction between the two actually:

vs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Cloudworkz Limited,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I've been looking into the issue you're facing and it appears that the block type you're trying to use isn't supported in the "Create Database Item" action at the moment. I understand how this can be a bit of a setback.

The good news is, we're aware of this and there's already a feature request in place to address it. I've gone ahead and added your email address to the list of interested users for this feature. While I can't provide an exact timeline for when this will be implemented, rest assured we'll send you an email update as soon as it's ready.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Hey! We’ll love to see this working too :)

Absolutely necessari markdown if you’re using notion

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @DocuWriter.ai,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. While we don’t have a timeframe for this feature’s implementation. We will keep you in the loop via email once it is.

Thank you!