Question

Notion Database to Quickbooks Invoice

• 22 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to create invoices in QBO from a Notion database. I figured out how to do it for one customer, but how do I do a general database where I select which customer is it and then create the invoice in QBO?  It wants me to enter the customer specifically but I want to find the customer and create the invoice for the customer based on who I entered in Notion.

Then….. I want it to update the invoice, if I make an update in Notion. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @elysep! 👋

You’d need to search for the customer using a Find Customer (QuickBooks Online) search action. Then in the Create Invoice action you’d use the custom value option to select the customer that was found, by selecting the customer’s ID number from the previous Find Customer action.

Similarly, to update an existing invoice you’d search for it using a Find Invoice action, then select (using the custom value option) the invoice ID from the previous search action in the Update Invoice action.

You can learn more about how to do that here:

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any trouble on that do let us know! 

Thank you for helping!   I did do that but it will only run for the customer that was used in the test.  Ex.  The Customer found was ID:97…. so it only pulls if I have the 97 customer not anyone else.  

For the updates, I did do that. It’s not updated the field that I want it to update. I’ve been working on this and trying to figure it out for over a week and I’m losing my mind. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @elysep, and sorry for the delay in my response here! 

Its odd that’s it’s only finding the exact same customer each time it runs. Was the search value in that Find Customer action manually typed in rather than selected from the Notion trigger step? See: Why is my Zap action adding the same data each time it occurs?

Can you share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Find Customer action? I’d like to double-check that’s all correct in case there’s something in set up there that’s preventing it from finding different customers each time it runs.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 🙂

Thank you for your response. It magically started working over night. I must have just needed to update on it’s own.  Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! That’s brilliant news @elysep! 😁🎉

I’m so glad it’s working now. It sounds like you might be all set for now but if anything changes on that front or you have further questions at all please do reach out in the Community. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡