Question

Not working: Invitee Created in Calendly -> Create Square Appointment

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I am opting to use Calendly for creating appointments with my clients because of the availability features in it versus Square appointments. But I use Square for everything else. 

I have been trying to set up a an automation for 1) Create a customer and 2) Create an appointment based on the Invitee Information from Calendly. I am almost done with the zap but it is tripping me up at the very end. I included a screenshot. I am getting an error as you can see below. Just not sure how to get this thing to work. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mrevanbell 

Good question.

The Customer ID field expects the internal Customer ID, instead of the Invitee name.

Try adding this step before: Square - Find/Create Customer

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey@mrevanbell!

I’d started this response and then I noticed Troy’s response, so consider this a bit of an elaboration.

In this step you’ve got a name where the expected value is a Customer ID:

If you look to the right of what I highlighted above, you’ll see that you can add a search step, which will then output the Customer ID that you need:

So your Zap ends up looking like this:

Trigger: Calendly
Action: Square — Find Customer
Action: Square — Create Appointment

The key is that when you’ve added the search step, you’ll have to do this to map the output to the Create Appointment step:

400e9971225586c15bbf1fdbcc51da2f.gif

Hope that helps!

omg i didn’t even know about the ID being the key item I needed! Thanks guys. It seems like the only way to get this though is using a multi-step zap and unfortunately a paid plan is not in my budget. I have been thinking of ways to go around it, perhaps putting the info in a spreadsheet and then creating an appointment from that. 

Ideally want to:

1. Create a customer in Square from Calendly invitee 
  2. Then create an appointment in Square for said customer with that calendly info.

If there is a round about way of doing this without bundling it in one zap, I would love to hear it. Thanks!

@nicksimard @Troy Tessalone any suggestions for the below?

omg i didn’t even know about the ID being the key item I needed! Thanks guys. It seems like the only way to get this though is using a multi-step zap and unfortunately a paid plan is not in my budget. I have been thinking of ways to go around it, perhaps putting the info in a spreadsheet and then creating an appointment from that. 

Ideally want to:

1. Create a customer in Square from Calendly invitee 
  2. Then create an appointment in Square for said customer with that calendly info.

If there is a round about way of doing this without bundling it in one zap, I would love to hear it. Thanks!