Question

Not able to set root folder

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to create a zap to add a record to spreadsheet in my OneDrive.   I am able to successfully connect to both Device Magic and my OneDrive account.   I am however not able to go past that step.   Storage Source is locked to OneDrive. (Attachment-1)   But I am unable to set the root folder and spreadsheet.   When I go to folder, it defaults to Custom.  (Attachment-2)  Selecting folder is giving a search window but not listing the folders (Attachment-4).  Expanding the list on Custom is listing all the columns received in the test (Attachment-3).

I am lost on this and need help getting past this step. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Srini Kishore! Thanks for sharing these screenshots! 

Hmm, are the folders you’re looking to access shared folders by chance? If so, the OneDrive integration doesn’t support this type of folder at the moment. 😔There is a feature request I’m happy to add you to if so! 

Here’s a similar question with some details:

If that’s not the case though, definitely let us know and we’re happy to keep digging! 

Our intent is to use shared folder later but for now during testing phase, it is my personal folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Srini Kishore 

Have you tried clicking on Folder instead of Custom? 

Custom means you want the data to be dynamic based on data from the previous steps. 

Please see the attachments.   It defaults to custom.   But when I move to folders, it doesn’t present any options probably an indication that it doesn’t find folders.   That is the reason for this support request.

I forgot to mention that our OneDrive is in Azure GCC.   Could that be the reason?    If so, what is the resolution?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Srini Kishore!

I’m not super familiar with Azure GCC but maybe the fact that it’s Government Community Cloud means there are some extra permissions that need to be modified in order to give folder access?

Is there an IT Admin you could check with, maybe, to see if they can think of any settings that would be preventing your folders from loading in Zapier?