Question

Not able to create QuickBooks Purchase Order line items in Salesforce.

• 16 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I have created a zap which takes ‘Purchase Order’ data and creates a record in Salesforce custom object ‘Orders’. SO when I create a record for ‘Purchase Order’ line items the record data are coming as one record. E.g. If there are 3 line Item records with field ‘amount’. The amount is coming for 3 records as “120,234,45”. The data is coming as one record and when I create a record in Salesforce using Zapier the ‘Amount’ is showing as ‘12023445’.

You can see in the above image what the values are coming as.

So my question can anybody help me with creating line items related to custom Order object?

I have multiple fields with the same combined data like Quantity, Description,Payment Type etc.

P.S. I want to make it dynamic because not every time the number of line items related to an Order will be same.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sam09 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Some Zap steps support line items.

For others, the Looping app can be used to handle line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

I am adding a screenshot of the zap:

Step 4 :  I create Order records.

Step 5 : I find the order record to add to the 6th to connect the line items.

Step 6 : I am creating Order Line Item records.

but I am facing issue that records are coming as 1(combined) record. as mentioned above in the original question. I want to separate the data coming and create multiple line item records related to the order records.

I have created a zap which takes ‘Purchase Order’ data and creates a record in Salesforce custom object ‘Orders’. SO when I create a record for ‘Purchase Order’ line items the record data are coming as one record. E.g. If there are 3 line Item records with field ‘amount’. The amount is coming for 3 records as “120,234,45”. The data is coming as one record and when I create a record in Salesforce using Zapier the ‘Amount’ is showing as ‘12023445’.

You can see in the above image what the values are coming as.

So my question can anybody help me with creating line items related to custom Order object?

I have multiple fields with the same combined data like Quantity, Description,Payment Type etc.

P.S. I want to make it dynamic because not every time the number of line items related to an Order will be same.

I am adding a screenshot of the zap:

Step 4 :  I create Order records.

Step 5 : I find the order record to add to the 6th to connect the line items.

Step 6 : I am creating Order Line Item records.

but I am facing issue that records are coming as 1(combined) record. as mentioned above in the original question. I want to separate the data coming and create multiple line item records related to the order records.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sam09 

We would need to see screenshots with how each Zap step is configured to have full context.