Question

No transactions are showing up in Google Sheets when testing my Paypal trigger

• 2 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m having difficulty getting a Successful PayPal transaction to add a row to a google sheet. The test was successful however nothing showed up when I actually had a transaction.

Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Kusovschi!

Let’s start by narrowing down the issue. 

Could you take a look at your Zap history and see if there are any Zap runs for your Paypal Zap? If there is a run but it’s showing an error, click into the Zap run to see what the error was. If there are no Zap runs for the Zap, but you know that there was a purchase that should’ve triggered it, it’s likely that there’s an error with the Paypal trigger. 

If that’s the case, the first thing I’d recommend is taking a look at the IPN (Instant payment notification) settings in Paypal. This help guide explains how to set those up to work with Zapier: How to get Started with Paypal.  If you’ve already been through that guide and set up the IPN correctly, then take a look at the Common Problems with Paypal guide. 

Paypal can be a little tricky to get set up so make sure you read through the guides carefully and hopefully that will help you get to the bottom of things!