Best answer

"No Result Found for Subscriber with id 0" error for ActiveCampaign

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I’m having a little bit of trouble connecting my squarespace newsletter form to active campaign.

It seems that Squarespace to zap connects fine (detected and active notification on squarespace and also zapier detected the test form sent).

However Zap connecting the information to active campaign seems to not detect something. Please see below screenshot. Can someone help me please? I’m not necessarily superb with tech 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 January 2022, 16:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Lexy87 ! Make sure you are using the latest version of the ActiveCampaign Zapier Integration. Could you share a printscreen of your Zap setup?

Userlevel 1

Hi, I only have the one option when I look up active campaign.

Below is my zap set up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Lexy87 

Can you share one more screenshot after clicking continue button, which will help understand if your mapping is right?

You probably have mapped right, however since the contact doesn’t exist in the subscriber list it failed to update. Try with a valid contact email who is in your subscriber list and see if it resolves.

Additionally, if it doesn’t work, add a search contact action in-between of these two actions and after searching it will check if the contact exists and return contact ID. Then you can map that contact ID and it will work without sending error.

Userlevel 1

Hi @robschmidt,

I don’t actually know how to try with a valid contact email? Did you mean actually key-ing in a valid email and information into the form in squarespace and see what happens? If so, I got an email alert with the error message.

As for the second option, could you please explain to me how to add the “search contact” action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lexy87 

Can you please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, with the field variables mapped?

ActiveCampaign expects a numeric value for the Contact ID.

ActiveCampaign has a Find Contact action available:

Userlevel 1

hi @Troy Tessalone 

This is what I set up according to the choices when I click on each individual bit to fill it in. Is this not right?

and this is the drop down when I click contact ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lexy87 

Take a look at the description underneath each field.

I’d suggest removing the mapped fields for Contact ID.

Also, looks like the trigger example is using dummy data.

When manually testing, you can change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

I tried that.. it came up with this error instead:

EDIT: oh! I just saw the bottom bit of your message.. I’m going to have to try that tomorrow.. it’s 2.30am here XD

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lexy87 

Do you have an existing AC Contact with that email address?

If not, then that is the reason for the error.

Userlevel 1

No that email was generated by the test connection in the steps that connected the square space form with zap  

If AC only requires existing contacts, how does it work with new contacts that sign up? I’m getting confused 🤔 

I’ve also zapped calendly and Facebook leads to AC before with no issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lexy87

Try these Zap steps:

Action: Create/Update Contact

Action: Subscribe/Unsub Contact from List (contact must already exist in AC)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone OH… NOW I understand what you mean.. So that action of “subscribing” is actually that the contact is already in AC instead of creating a new contact!!! Yeah NOW it makes so much sense! I’m going to try to add in that extra action and see how it goes.

Userlevel 1

Just an update for everyone! It now works. The error stemmed from me not realising that “subscribe/unsubscribe a contact to a list” actually requires you to already have the contact in our contact list! 

Human Knowledge Error. Thanks again for all your help!!