Best answer

No email data available - Square to Convertkit zap

• 31 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to pull customer data from their Square purchase to add them to my CRM in Convertkit. However, in the Convertkit section of the zap, the information needed - First Name, Last Name, email - is not available from Square.

The item that they purchase is set up in Square and has all of this information in it. Why is their name and email not available in the zap?

These are the only options that come up for me.

If I search for “email” it gives me the “Note” field which has the name of the product and the customer. I tried testing this just in case, but it doesn’t add the customer to Convertkit.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 1 August 2023, 07:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @laluz33,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the “New Payment” trigger where it doesn't provide usable customer details. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

In the meantime, a workaround for this is to use the API Request (Beta) - GET request. You can paste this URL to the “URL” field: https://connect.squareup.com/v2/customers/

e5e17dbcd786703c46da4e885d2a0ccd.png
(view larger)

Please note that, some of the Customer ID will not work with this workaround this is connected to this bug report as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the help @ken.a !

I don’t seem to have the API request feature though. Can you please confirm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @laluz33,

I have made a GIF for you on how to find the API Request (Beta) in Square action:

56ac4b4ecd0b5e167d2a8f6afd4e5e58.gif
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi @ken.a ! Thank you so much for the gif. It’s almost better than a gif(t). :P

But, I still don’t have that option. These are the only events I have. I do only have the free version of Zapier - could that be why? I don’t want to upgrade to a paid plan until I can be sure Zapier is actually going to solve the things I need to solve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @laluz33,

From the screenshot, it looks like you’re trying to find the API Request (Beta) in the trigger step. The API Request (Beta) is only available as an action step. That said, your Zap setup should look like this:

1. Trigger: Square - New Payment
  2. Action: Square - API Request (Beta)
    e5e17dbcd786703c46da4e885d2a0ccd.png
    (view larger)

3. Action: ConvertKit - Add Subscriber to Form

Hopefully, this clears things up! 😊