Best answer

No custom field showing from BURSTSMS

• 2 May 2023
  • 8 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I am trying to add my BurstSMS contacts to ActiveCampaign. In Burst I am automating a message to get contact details so I can have an email otherwise it will not send to ActiveCampaign. However, when I am trying to add contact using Zapier my email custom field is not appearing in the zap creation to include in the email to send to Active Campaign.

How do I get the custom field to appear?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 9 May 2023, 20:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @lukeholt. Thanks for joining us! 🙂

Hmm, the custom field for the email appears to be set up in Burst SMS correctly, so I wonder if it’s an issue with the sample that’s been selected. It looks like the Firstname and Lastname custom fields are coming through ok. Perhaps the contact sample that’s been selected on the Burst SMS trigger doesn’t have a value in that Email custom field. Could that be it?

Can you try changing the contact sample to a different contact that definitely has an email address entered into that custom field. That should then allow you to select it from the dropdown menu in the filter.

Please do give that a go and let us know whether that sorts it.

An interesting thought I had considered and tried except no other sample data was able to be retrieved as seen in the screenshots. However, new contacts have been added to the list in the past 24 hours as the other screenshot shows.

I have double checked the API connection and it says it is working correctly but it is not finding any contact data at all. It is connected to the right account because the list options appear correctly. Also the sample data from “Chito” is made up and is not in the contact list at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @lukeholt!

I’m curious - which trigger are you using for BurstSMS?

It looks like only certain triggers support custom fields for this app so it’s possible that maybe part of the issue. 😔

This trigger is ‘1. Contact Added in Burst SMS’

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @lukeholt,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you given a shot at reconnecting your Burst SMS account? Sometimes, doing so can help you load in new sample data from the trigger. You can reconnect your Burst SMS account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/burst-sms

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Thanks for jumping in Ken and yes...twice I did it just in case. No change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @lukeholt,

Thanks for letting us know!

I have created a feature request for you and added your email address to it. This will allow our Burst SMS engineers to look further into the issue you're experiencing. Here are a few things that adding your email to the feature request does:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Thank you for your understanding!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @lukeholt! 👋

We received word from the developers that this feature has been implemented. Let us know if you have any questions!