Question

No columns retrieved when setting up Snowflake trigger in Zapier.

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a trigger with Snowflake to detect new or updated rows. The connection works and I can see the tables that are available in my schema, but when I select one, there are no columns retrieved. Doesn’t matter which table I choose, it happens with them all. 

The account I’m using has the same role as the user that created both the schema and the table, and that role has ownership of both, so I don’t think it’s an issue with permissions.

Any ideas?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PilarFH 

Help article to reference for possible guidance about using Snowflake in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/13872142076173-How-to-get-started-with-Snowflake-on-Zapier

Connect to Snowflake on Zapier

Snowflake uses basic authentication to authenticate your account on Zapier. Enter your Snowflake username and password to authenticate. 

About Snowflake Computing's app

Are self-hosted or cloud-hosted accounts supported? Cloud-hosted accounts only We don't support accounts connected using SAML SSO. Users will need to provide us a username and password. Learn more about Snowflake's supported accounts.
Is a paid Snowflake Computing plan required? No

View Snowflake's plans.

Are any special account permissions required? Yes

You must have access control to use Snowflake on Zapier.

Learn more about Snowflake's account permissions.

Are there usage limits? Yes Learn more about Snowflake's usage limits.
Are there pagination limits? No We don't have a pagination limit but we have a 30-second limit for queries to run.
Do trigger samples use real data from your account or generic data? Real trigger samples  
Are custom fields supported? Yes
Learn more about Snowflake's custom fields.
Do update actions overwrite or append to existing data? Not applicable  
Is there any additional info? Yes
Userlevel 1

Yes, I already checked that out. We have managed to make it work with an account that has an AccountAdmin role, which shouldn’t be the case since the account we created for the zap should work with the role it has (ownership of the schema and table).

Hi @PilarFH,

Did you manage to fix your issue already?

I'm running into the same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ffm online marketing,

I believe @PilarFH managed to fixed the issue by using an account with an “AccountAdmin” role.

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi @ken.a,

Thanks for your reply.

Our Tech team is very strict with assigning AccountAdmin roles in Snowflake. Therefore it is not an option to fix this issue via your suggested fix. Would you happen to know an alternative solution?

Best,

Mart

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @ffm online marketing,

Unfortunately, there are no alternative way about this, but to have an AccountAdmin role in Snowflake. This role is vital to create an API integration according to Snowflake here: https://docs.snowflake.com/en/sql-reference/external-functions-security#api-integrations

Hopefully, this helps!