Question

Ninja Forms - Google Sheets: dynamically update new checkbox list options?

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi folks - we’re using Ninja Forms for a web page to let people register for upcoming trainings, and we’re using a checkbox list so they can register for multiple trainings at the same time. I’ve created a zap to map each field in the Ninja form to a field in a Google sheet - we use the google sheet to send text reminders and track attendance.

The zap is generally working great, but in an ideal world I’d like to be able to CHANGE the trainings available in the Ninja Form checkbox list (remove options of trainings that have passed, and add options for new upcoming trainings), and have the value of every option they choose mapped onto the corresponding Google Sheets column without having to edit the zap.

As it is, Zapier seems to require that I pre-select all of the options in the checkbox list that I want migrated to Google Sheets. This means every time I update the available trainings in Ninja Forms, I’ll also have to update the zap that connects it to Google Sheets.

This wouldn’t be the end of the world, but the whole idea of Zapier is to simplify work flows so I thought I’d ask! Is there a way to have every training that people select in our Ninja Form zapped to Google Sheets, even if the training options in the checkbox list change from week to week?

Here are a few screenshots to show what I’m working with across all three platforms:

Ninja Forms checkbox list with training registration options​​​​​
Zap that requires itemization of each training option in the checkbox list - meaning they can’t be changed in Ninja Forms without breaking the zap
The google sheet where the registration data ends up - I’d like every selected training to appear in here, even if the training options have changed since the zap was set up

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @healthcarenow 

Is there a data point out from Ninja Forms that has ALL of the selected options for that field?

If yes, then you could possibly map just that variable.