Best answer

New Quickbooks Invoice from Estimate not triggering Zaps

Badge

I have zaps which are triggered when a new invoice is created inside Quickbooks Online.  They work well if the invoice is created from scratch in QBO.  The zap is triggered and all steps complete.  However, the same zaps will not fire if the invoice is created from an estimate within QBO.

It seems that estimates in QBO were an after thought in the Zapier integration.  I can create them with zaps but I can’t SEND them.  I have to manually open QBO, select the estimate, and send it from QBO.  Then when the estimate is approved, I again have to go in to QBO and convert the estimate to an invoice.  Then this newly created invoice is somehow different than a fresh invoice because it won’t fire the “new invoice” triggers in the QBO integration.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 22:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @sgalway ,

Sorry you’re running into this with your estimate Zaps! I’ve double-checked and the Action to send an estimate within QBO is currently an open feature request. I see you’ve been added as an interested user which will help bring this to the attention of the dev team and ensure we notify you of any updates. 

I don’t know of a workaround for this (aside from what you mention above) which I know isn’t the news you were hoping for. cc @Troy Tessalone 👋🏽 have you seen anything that would help with @sgalway ‘s QBO workflow? 

Badge

@Liz_Roberts upon further investigation I have the zap working when an invoice is converted from an estimate.  It was just taking a long time to fire, but it does eventually fire.  However, all of the manual steps leading up to that point remain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve double-checked and the Action to send an estimate within QBO is currently an open feature request. I see you’ve been added as an interested user which will help bring this to the attention of the dev team and ensure we notify you of any updates. 

Ah, thanks for clarifying that, @sgalway! As @Liz_Roberts mentioned sending estimates isn’t a supported action at the moment but we’ll definitely email you and this topic updated if that changes. 🙂

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s super helpful and valuable!