Question

"New Payment in Stripe" trigger missing bank payments

• 17 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m using the “New Payment in Stripe” trigger, and it doesn’t seem to trigger with one particular customer’s payments. I’ve noticed that this is the only customer that pays via bank connection instead of credit card. Is it possible that this trigger only works for credit card charges?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TKalian,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the New Payment trigger seems to miss these kinds of payments for some customers:

• Payments that come through Timely (scheduling software)
  • ACH Payments
  • Charge payments (starting with ch)
  • Apple Wallet payments

Could you please let me know if this is the same case for you? If so, I'd be happy to add your vote to the open bug report once you confirm it's the same issue.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi,

I have the same issue, bank transfers does not trigger “New Payment in Stripe”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jackbauer,

Based on our bug report system, it looks like this issue has now been resolved. Could you please try using the “New Charge” trigger for Stripe to see if it’ll trigger the bank transfers?

b1ab9fb2b83c66321b973fb22661546e.png
(view larger)

Please let me know if that works. Thanks!

Hey I have the same problem. In general the stripe payment workflow only works 95% - which is already good ;) But please check this problem:

I have this payment that doesn´t trigger the “New payment”-trigger

As you can see the payment_intend id of the payment and the id of the latest object in the trigger do not match (records are updated). Is it because the payment is still beeing processed? This would be annoying since my client has to wait until the job has arrived in my system :(

Also the “new charge”-trigger doesn´t catch the payment.  I already used the “Checkout-Sesssion complete”-trigger + find payment-component. But Checkout-Session-Complete doesn´t always give me a payment-intend. Therefore not all payments can be found.

So both Methods only work 95 % :( How can I catch ALL payments instantly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Paul Metzger,

Since the bug has been closed. I’m not seeing any other reports of missing payments. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue so that they can take a closer look at the logs and determine the cause of the issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.