Question

New File In Folder Zap not Triggering

• 16 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I created a Zap to notify if there is a new file uploaded. When I test it, it finds the new file but it keeps showing multiple variables and then when I save and publish the zap, its not triggering new file upload and I don’t get email.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @albanygujaratisamaj 

Good question.

The Zap trigger for GDrive New File in Folder is scheduled (not instant), meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes for the Zap to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

Give it some time, then check your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

I setup my drive Zap, why didn't my files copy over?

Zapier triggers only on new items, not existing items. Your existing files won't be able to be exported using Zapier. For more information on this check out import/export.

Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

The New File in Folder trigger has some nuance about what it will trigger on:

Google Files (e.g. Google Doc, Google Sheets etc)

• If a file was created within the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified fewer than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified greater than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap won't trigger

Non-Google files (e.g. pdf or jpg):

• If a file is directly added to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file is directly added to the folder but was modified/created greater than 4 days ago, the Zap won't trigger
  • If a file is moved to the folder (even if it was added to Google Drive in the last 4 days), the Zap won't trigger

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap. The connected account must be the owner.

I actually waited for few days now. I don’t see any zap run in the history.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@albanygujaratisamaj Oh no! Let’s see if I can help, can you please share some screenshots of your full Zap setup, omitting any personal information like last names or complete email addresses. I want to take a closer look at your mapping of fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@albanygujaratisamaj 

Are you using a Shared Drive?