Best answer

New file attachement from in OneDrive

• 20 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Please I need your assistance, I am trying to create my first Zap.

The trigger is a "New file" in OneDrive

Then an email with the "New file" attached will be sent to a particular email address.

That's it, but after I created the Triger, I can't add the step for attaching the "New file" to the email sent.

The Automation is working, but the "New file" is not attached.

Please how can I resolve this?

Thanks allot.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 January 2023, 18:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Cilus! Welcome to the Community! 🙂

There should be a “Include File Object?” option on the settings for the New File (OneDrive) trigger. You’ll need to have that option selected.

With that option selected, it should then output a file object that you can select as an attachment in your Send Email action. You can learn more about how to send files in Zaps here: Send files in Zaps

Want to give that a go and let us know how you get on? We’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Userlevel 1

@SamB Thanks allot, I have tried to implement that, it sends an empty mail with a text to the email address.

I want it to attached the new file that triger the zap from the OneDrive.

That exact file should be the attached file, and not that I have to select a file from OneDrive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cilus 

Good question.

In order for us to have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you very much for your response…
Those are the Screen shots on the steps of my Zap.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Cilus 

The Attachments field expects a file url or a file object: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

You have the File Name mapped.

Map the File variable instead.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you so much Sir…

It’s working perfectly now.

Thank you So much, I really appreciate.