Best answer

New Calendar Entry with Attachment from Outlook to a New Task in ClickUp

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

What’s the best flow to create a new task in ClickUp from a new calendar entry with attachment from Outlook?

I’ve tried a couple of Zaps and I can’t

• Pull the attachment from Outlook - Attachments appears as attached in Outlook and it’s not being recognized as a file in Zapier (or I’m most likely not aware of other things)
  • Attachment does not appear as an action field as attached
    •  

• Pull just the “message” from the event - it always has the html version which makes the description in ClickUp “crowded”

Please send help.

icon

Best answer by dhon_b 16 March 2023, 05:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SusanDimasi 

Good question,

Try adding this Zap action: ClickUp - Post Attachment

Observation

You may want to add static labels in the Task Description before each of the mapped dynamic variables to give you context about each.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SusanDimasi !

It appears that the New Calendar Event trigger of the Microsoft Outlook integration does not expose the actual file attachment. However, I see how it can be used in automation.

I've submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!