Skip to main content

I’ve been checking this out for several months and it doesn’t seem to be working. Also there’s no API call to do this. Any idea on when this would get fixed? Would be great to automate applying payments! 

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Katn! 🎉 

There’s an existing bug where new bank transactions aren’t triggering Xero Zaps as expected. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being impacted by this. While I can’t give any sort of estimate as to when it might be fixed adding you does help to increase it’s priority. And will ensure you get an email notification as soon as it’s been fixed. 

In the meantime, perhaps you could use Webhooks to subscribe to new bank transaction webhook events from Xero? I had a quick look and found that Xero has a guide on how to set up webhook notifications here: Xero - Creating a webhook. If there’s no option available for subscribing to new bank transactions though, perhaps you could set up a polling webhooks trigger that uses their GET BankTransactions endpoint instead? 

You can find out more about how to set up a Webhooks trigger in a Zap to receive those webhooks from Xero: 

Please note that Webhooks only supports basic authentication methods. So if Xero’s API requires more advanced authentication like Oauth then you’d need to build a private integration with Xero on our Developer Platform which is a bit more advanced. We do have certified Zapier Experts that could help build it for you though.

Alternatively, if you’re able to get an email notification sent to you whenever a new bank transaction takes place that contains the necessary details perhaps you could forward those emails to Email Parser by Zapier and use them to trigger the Zap instead? See Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails for details. 

Hope that helps in the meantime. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂

Hi @Katn and anyone else that might be following this thread! 👋

I’m happy to report that the bug has since been resolved! So Zaps using a New Bank Transaction (Xero) trigger should now be triggering as expected again. 😁 

That said, if you’re still having trouble with your Xero Zaps not triggering as expected please do let us know either here in the Community, or you can reach out to our Support team directly. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡️