Skip to main content

When creating a zap using a NetSuite action, the NetSuite account does not stay connected. When I go to reconnect, I go through the steps to reconnect to the account but it doesn’t connect. I have not been able to successfully connect to my NetSuite account. I’ve checked and made sure that all permissions and required settings are correctly set. 

Error stays after reconnect attempt, which leads me to believe that it didn’t actually connect.​​​​​
I get this error when testing connection under the NetSuite connections tab

So, its either not connecting at all, or connecting and immediately resetting after the connection is established. 

Hi @mb1234 

Help links for using NetSuite in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/netsuite/help

Tip to try:

@Troy Tessalone Here is the error I get in the dev console whenever I try to test the connection. 

Also, tried the tips and it is still not working. checked the dev console again and there is a log that contains the message “🔑 Auth connected” as well as the following object: 

{
authId: "<!--insert authId here-->",
selected_api: "<!--insert selected_api here-->",
stepId: "<!--insert stepId here-->"
}

It also concerns me that whenever I go to reconnect it creates a new access token in NetSuite. I would think that it would use the same one that got created upon first connect.

@mb1234 

Probably best to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hi @mb1234,

It seems that you contacted our Support Team about this issue and they found that the problem you're experiencing is a bug with NetSuite. We will send you updates via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi @ken.a, thank you for the update! I am experiencing the exact same issue. Will you be posting an update here as well, as soon as it has been resolved? Thanks!

Hi @jasperm,

It looks like this issue has already been resolved. Are you still running into an issue here?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hi @ken.a, yes I am still experiencing the same issue.

Hi @jasperm 👋

Sorry to hear you’re still running into issues here. I did some digging and appears the bug was specifically related to cases where underscores were present in the account’s ID. That said, there were some folks that were running into that same error due to an issue with the permissions for their account.

Can you confirm whether the account you’re attempting to connect has all the necessary permissions:

Select a role with the following settings enabled:

• REST Web Services - Full
  • User Access Tokens - Full
  • SuiteAnalytics Workbook - Edit
  • Employees - View
  • Employee Record - View
    Learn more about NetSuite's account permissions

Looking forward to hearing from you!

@SamB could you point me to where the bug related to underscores in the account ID is being documented/addressed? It looks like we’re experiencing the same issue. I’m wondering if it might apply to dashes/hyphens as well.

Hi @jaketh 👋

I can’t share the internal bug report as it’s not public-facing. But as I understand it, it was cases where underscores were present within the account IDs itself for example 1234567_sb1. Account IDs with dashes/hyphens should be accepted so if your Account ID doesn’t contain any underscore then it could be that you’re running into issues with the permissions of the account that you’re attempting to connect. 

Can you confirm whether your account has the necessary permissions (outlined in my previous post here)?

Hi @SAMB 👋

I’m experiencing the same issue where I can’t connect to NetSuite. My Account ID doesn’t contain any underscores, and I’ve already set up a role with all the necessary permissions as outlined in your previous post, but it’s still failing to connect.

Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,  
Juan Manuel

Hi @jaketh 👋

I can’t share the internal bug report as it’s not public-facing. But as I understand it, it was cases where underscores were present within the account IDs itself for example 1234567_sb1. Account IDs with dashes/hyphens should be accepted so if your Account ID doesn’t contain any underscore then it could be that you’re running into issues with the permissions of the account that you’re attempting to connect. 

Can you confirm whether your account has the necessary permissions (outlined in my previous post here)?

Yes we tested a role that had every permission (admin). Its been suggested recently that the hyphen is likely the cause. Can you see any tickets where hyphened account IDs have experienced the same?

Hi @jaketh,

Upon checking with the recent bug ticket, we don’t see any issue that should be re-surfacing since it was already tagged as resolved. It’s all due to an underscore character within the NetSuite Sandbox account. Could you double-check your permission access since most of the reported issues come with some permission access for their accounts? Let us know if that fixes the issue. Thank you.