Skip to main content

I have spent the last 1 ½ months trying to get my Zapier Zaps figured out!  I had someone set us up a year ago and no problems and all.  Somehow, don’t ask how,  I messed it up and need help!!  Since I was not the one who chose this system, I have no idea on how to work it.  I have gone back and forth through emails, but I keep running into a road block. I paid for a year service and have not been able to use it correctly and sometimes it doesn’t work at all.  Here is where I need help (please, I need someone who can walk me through step by step in plain english, not any techy words.

1.  It keeps saying it has run into errors - Error Message - google contacts - must specify a non-metadata contact field on the person.  Um…. what DOES  that mean??  plain english please!
  2. I have been sending out SMS reminders and they are going to the cell phone associated with our organization and not the clients!  This is not good! HELP!

Thank you to anyone that can help me!

Hi @Kids' Kloset 

If you are looking to hire help, there is a directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts

For us to have more info, post these:

• screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings
  • screenshots of the encountered error

Thank you for that information however, we are a non-profit and do not have the funds to hire anyone. This is why it it crucial I get the help I am seeking from the community. 

@Kids' Kloset 

For us to have more info, post these:

• screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings
  • screenshots of the encountered error

I think I fixed the Metadata error.  My other problem is that the “reminders” go out via email, but the SMS reminders are going to our Founders cell phone and not any of the clients. Her cell is associated with the account. What am I doing wrong?

@Kids' Kloset

Help us have more info by posting screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings.