Question

Need help with Facebook Messenger Campaign not Populating Google Sheets with Lead information

• 17 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I am trying to connect a messenger campaign from Facebook Ads to our Google sheet but when someone clicks on our ad, their name is not showing up in the sheet. By the way, the messenger from our business Facebook page is connected to manychat workflows using JSON code. 

When I tried the workflow, its firing up and populated the Google sheet. But when leads came in it was not populating. Can you help me fix the problem, please? Is the automation affecting the workflow or I am missing a step in the workflow?

Here is a loom video

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @bria1,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the Data IN/OUT of the Zap run in the Zap History? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Hey @ken.a 

Here is the screen shot

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @bria1,

Thank you for sending the screenshot, but it seems that it doesn't contain the specific information that I was hoping for. Would it be possible for you to send another screenshot that displays the Data IN/OUT section of the run? To give you an idea, here's what it should look like:

34560c2c3952e6c527a2813568918db1.png
(view larger)

Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Keep us posted! 😊

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hey @ken.a 

Thanks for the sample image.

Here’s mine

As you can see, the workflow is working but the problem is the lead that was added in google sheet is not from our ads.

We want the leads from ads when they click on learn more they will be added to google sheet as well.

PS. When they clicked on learn more they will be redirected to a manychat workflow that is connected to our messenger. Manychat workflow is created via json code which we added in our messenger campaign for the ads.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @bria1 

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. Here’s the last reply:

I took a look at the Zap and noticed successful Zap runs until April 16th, which is when this seems to start happening. 

• Did you make any changes in Facebook or Manychat on April 16th?
  • And are you/your customers sending a new message from the button below? If not, could you share more details?

ManyChat

You mentioned you are using Manychat, so I'd like to share that ManyChat also has an integration with Zapier, which may be useful for this workflow.  Learn more about the Supported triggers and actions for Manychat!

GoogleSheets Possible issue

Lastly, I noticed that the Worksheet is formatted, and some of the columns are drop-downs.

GoogleSheet consider these formats as updated to the rows, so when the Zap tries to add a row to the Worksheet, it will likely ignore all the formatted rows, and add the data at the bottom of the Worksheet to the first new row (not-formatted/not-updated).

Read more about Zap skipping blank rows, and other Common Problems with Google Sheets!

In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going with them as they can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors.

Hi @ken.a 

Just want to get an update regarding the screenshot I sent here. Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @bria1 

It looks like the screenshot you sent was from a different Zap.

The screenshot show a different trigger and action apps. Could you resend a screenshot with Data In and Data Out of the steps? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Hi @Charie 

Please see screenshot here

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @bria1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your Zap, @username. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Unfortunately, I've exhausted all my resources and I'm unable to determine the root cause of the problem. However, I recommend contacting our Support team, who have the necessary tools to dig deeper into the backend logs of your Zap and identify the issue.

You can reach our Support team by following this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps! 😊