Best answer

ChatGPT (2.4.5) error: Failed to create a conversation, the server is currently overloaded with other request.

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys:

Below is what I am trying to do, but I keep getting this error message. Can someone guide me on this or give me example to make it work: 

Create a Zapier automation that connects Discord, MidJourney, Zapier and Chatgpt4 together. I want chat gpt to generate me what I ask for, I want zapier to automate the /imagine functions in Midjourney within my Discord ServerI want the first trigger to be chat gpt4. ChatGPT4 will give me prompts based on things I ask and when I see a prompt that I like and want to execute in Midjourney I will say a trigger word in chatgpt4 which could be "/imagine" or something else. When I say the trigger word the prompt I choose will be automatically /imagined in Midjourney so that art can be made. I want the automation to be in the discord server CHRIS TIAN and in the channel https://discord.com/channels/1006856492974100571/1108160090424475659   
Do you understand?

Thanks I appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 June 2023, 03:31

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @ChristianPapa!

It looks like the ChatGPT action is running into a “Failed to create a conversation in ChatGPT (2.4.5)” error. That sort of error is usually temporary and I’d have thought that it should go through successfully if you try retesting a little while later when the server isn’t so overloaded with requests. Can you try testing that ChatGPT action again now to see if it’s now able to go through?

That said, it sounds like what you’re after here is a way to trigger a Zap from ChatGPT and run a MidJourney function on your Discord server. Am I understanding that correctly? 

MidJourney doesn’t integrate with Zapier currently unfortunately. But it’s on our wishlist of new apps, so I’ve submitted your vote for it to be added to Zapier.

In the meantime, what trigger are you currently using for the Zap? Is it the New Message Posted to Channel trigger? If so, is that able to pick up your use of the /imagine MidJourney functions? If not then I don’t think it’s going to be possible to use create the desired workflow with Discord as the trigger.

There’s no triggers available for the ChatGPT app but if you’ve got a ChatGPT Plus account you could perhaps try using the Zapier plugin in ChatGPT? I’ve not tested this myself but thinking that might allow you to trigger from with ChatGPT and post a channel message in Discord that runs the desired MidJourney function? Do you think that approach could work?

Userlevel 1

Hi Sam,

First off thanks for your answer.

I was using zapier plugin with chat gpt and in my discord there is a zapier bot.

Im expecting the trigger to be chat gpt “/imagine …” message within chat gpt.

when that trigger happens I want the zapier plugin to communicate with discord server that has midjourney bot and retype “/imagine…”.

This will save me having to retype “/imagine…” twice

Sorry that I am not familiar with zapier buzzwords such as zaps etc. I hope my clarification makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ChristianPapa!

I’m not sure that I fully understand what you’re trying to do, let’s see if we can figure it out together :) 

I can see from this midjourney help doc that you can add a /imagine command prompt for Midjourney into Discord. The command will send a prompt from that discord message to Midjourney, which returns an image.  Am I right in thinking you have that set up in your Discord?

Is that what you want to do:

1. You’re working in chatGPT, working with prompts, etc. 
  2. When you see a prompt that you want to turn into an image, you want to send that to Discord
  3. When the prompt is sent to Discord, it should be sent so that it uses the  /imagine Discord command to create the image on your discord server. 

If that’s what you’d like to do, then that won't be possible, I’m sorry. It’s not currently possible to start a command in Discord using a Zap. We do have a feature request for that addition, if it’s something that you’d like to do let us know and we can add you as someone who is interested in the feature request. That means that if we are able to add the ability to use /commands in Discord, we’ll send you an email to let you know. 

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to do, I’m sorry - could you please try explaining it again. It sometimes help if you can either use a list of what you want to happen in order (like I did above) or else write a sentence like “when X happens in chat GPT I want Y to happen in Discord. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Danvers, thanks for the reply. I’d also be interested in sending Discord commands using Zaps. Do you know when this will be possible? Or is there maybe another workaround to do this?

Thanks,

Moritz

Userlevel 1

Hi @ChristianPapa!

I’m not sure that I fully understand what you’re trying to do, let’s see if we can figure it out together :) 

I can see from this midjourney help doc that you can add a /imagine command prompt for Midjourney into Discord. The command will send a prompt from that discord message to Midjourney, which returns an image.  Am I right in thinking you have that set up in your Discord?

Is that what you want to do:

1. You’re working in chatGPT, working with prompts, etc. 
  2. When you see a prompt that you want to turn into an image, you want to send that to Discord
  3. When the prompt is sent to Discord, it should be sent so that it uses the  /imagine Discord command to create the image on your discord server. 

If that’s what you’d like to do, then that won't be possible, I’m sorry. It’s not currently possible to start a command in Discord using a Zap. We do have a feature request for that addition, if it’s something that you’d like to do let us know and we can add you as someone who is interested in the feature request. That means that if we are able to add the ability to use /commands in Discord, we’ll send you an email to let you know. 

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to do, I’m sorry - could you please try explaining it again. It sometimes help if you can either use a list of what you want to happen in order (like I did above) or else write a sentence like “when X happens in chat GPT I want Y to happen in Discord. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Yes thats exactly what I mean, when chat gpt writes a prompt I like. I will say a word like “go” after the prompt I like and it will make discord produce image based on that prompt using /imagine. Since this feature isn’t possible I would like an email with this feature added. Ty

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends!

While I don’t have a workaround  ETA on when or if this will be implemented I’ve added your vote to the feature request. This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live. We’ll also be sure to share updates in this thread. 🙂

Sorry to not have better news here but definitely appreciate you flagging this in community!

@christina.d  Can you add my vote aswell? I would like to use commands in discord aswell. It would make it possible to use midjourney. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bas Constant,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will let you know via email once the feature is implemented.

Thank you! 

Please add our vote as well. Running discord commands via Zapier will unlock many opportunities! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kuberanix,

I have added you to the open feature request as well. We will keep you in the loop via email or on this thread once the feature ships.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Agreed, this would be a major benefit to so many things.

In looking at the code, specifically for midjourney, you have the slash command and then “prompt” is an option on that command and not a subcommand. I believe that if Zapier looked at the code to send the option it could work. 

If I send:

</imagine:938956540159881230> <My text value here>
Discord realizes it’s a command to be triggered, but fails because it doesn’t send an option. I also had to change a permission on the role for the Zapier bot to be able to send Slash Commands to make this work this far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing that information with us @topperge-ue! 🙂

I’ve added your vote to that feature request to be able to use/select Slash Commands when using the New Channel Message (Discord) action. Can’t provide an ETA on when or if it will definitely be implemented by but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is.