Best answer

MySQL/Find row via custom query result truncation issue.

• 22 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Is there any limitations for MySQL/Find Row via Custom Query chars limit on the result?

because i got partial result (1019 chars, 150 words).

when i tried the query directly on db, the result was different.

icon

Best answer by Aviv Media Monster 3 December 2023, 02:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Aviv Media Monster 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots to help us have more context about the issue, examples, and how your Zap steps are configured?

Help articles to reference: https://zapier.com/apps/mysql/help

Configuration:

Query with partial results:

Results: (if you can see product_names has partial name and should have more concatenated results - should be same count of items compare to SKUS variable, both delimited with semicolon (;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Aviv Media Monster! 👋

I’m wondering if perhaps we’re just not getting the full list of results back in time. The action has a limit of 30 seconds to run, so it could be that we’re not about to get the full list of product names due to that. Do you think that could be the case here?

That said, there’s a feature request open for the Find Row action that isn’t able to return more than one result. I know it’s not the same action as the one you’re using (Find Row via Custom Query) but that feature request has a workaround reported which I wonder if you might also be able to implement in order to get all the SKUs and product names.

The workaround is to use this documentation to change the query to return multiple results as JSON. In theory, this would output the results as Line Items that you can use in subsequent actions in the Zap. If you need to carry out separate actions for each product you can add a Looping action (Create Loop from Line Items) to do that. If you’ve not worked with loops in Zaps before you can learn more about them here: Loop your Zap actions

Hope that workaround helps to get you closer to a solution. Do keep us updated on how you get on!

Thanks @SamB ,

i realized that’s GROUP_CONTACT GLOBAL result char limit settings, thanks anyways for your suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No worries, @Aviv Media Monster I’m just glad you were able to get to the bottom of it. 😁🎉

Thanks so much for popping back to share the solution you found, the Community greatly appreciates it! Do let us know if you run into any further issues at all. Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡