Best answer

My Zap keeps sending multiple email notifications for new Gmail messages

• 2 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My goal is: when a new message arrives in Gmail inbox A, send an email notice to address B. My zap works fine -- when a new message arrives, mailbox B gets the proper notice message shortly thereafter. However, two minutes later, mailbox B gets another notice and another and another. They keep coming. I’d like only one notice per new message.

I’ve tried using the New Email and New Thread options but both provide the continuous flow of notices. 

I feel like I am missing something very basic. Any suggestions are welcome.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 August 2023, 16:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Troop T 

Good question.

Sounds like you created an infinite loop due to the sent emails retriggering the Zap.

If you are using the trigger Gmail New Email make sure to review the Label/Mailbox field description for guidance on how to control.

If you are using the trigger Gmail New Email Matching Search make sure to review the Search String field description for guidance on how to control.

Userlevel 1

Targeting it on the Inbox did the trick. I forget about Gmail’s non-folder based concepts. Labels labels labels.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news! I’m glad Troy was able to help resolve the issue @Troop T!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊