Question

My Zap isn't triggering to pass Manychat tag to CRM

• 14 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I set up a new zap that is supposed to use Manychat’s Instagram lead magnet automation to pass a contact to my CRM. 

The automation triggers when someone comments on an Instagram post with a keyword. Manychat is supposed to then add a tag to the user info, which gets passed via zapier to the CRM (Highlevel/Leadconnector), which in turn sees that tag, adds it to the user, and triggers delivery of the lead magnet (a free PDF ebook). 

For some reason, the tag is not passing through no matter what I do. I’ve tested the automation and it works. I’ve tested the Zap and get a success message. My Zapier history is showing that the zap is just never getting triggered. I’m not sure what I’m missing. Thanks in advance for any help! Screenshots below.

The zap:

The tag specified (it reads: “Instagram high interest rate lead magnet”

The Manychat workflow step where the tag is added:

The details on the step (red arrow above) where the tag is added: 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jamieskojec 

Good question.

Try separating the Trigger Zap action to be separate so it follows this Action block.

Wondering if all 3 of these are being processed by Manychat at the same time and thus the Tags are not added yet.

Hi @jamieskojec 

Good question.

Try separating the Trigger Zap action to be separate so it follows this Action block.

Wondering if all 3 of these are being processed by Manychat at the same time and thus the Tags are not added yet.

Thanks for your reply. I separated the action, and nothing happened at first. But then I realized the trigger says “when new tagged user in Manychat.” So if a user has already interacted with Manychat, it seems that they can’t trigger the tagging zap. When I deleted my test user, the zap worked.

But this means I need a different trigger, so anyone who responds to more than one lead magnet over time can be updated with the appropriate tag and content delivery. The issue is that the trigger event comes from the available options Zapier has with Manychat. I don’t have the ability to update a user’s tag field as a trigger. So for example, these are the possible options for Manychat zap triggers within Zapier. You’ll note that there is one about “new or updated custom field,” but “tag” is not an option in the pulldown. Any suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jamieskojec 

If you used this Zap trigger then anytime a user gets to that step in Manychat the Zap would run.

If you use this Zap trigger, then perhaps in the Manychat Flow you can remove a Tag after the data is sent to Zapier, thus creating a reset effect for the Tag.