Best answer

My Zap isn't sending subscribers to MailerLite, and subscribers are not appearing.

• 23 September 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have created a Zap to connect my Unbounce form submission to Mailer Lite.
Zapier connects to Unbounce without a glitch and properly identifies the form I want to capture and it loads the last 3 records successfully.
Same result with MailerLite, I am able to identify and select the subscriber group and the email field.  When completing the test I get the following message:

“A Subscriber was sent to MailerLite about 1 second ago”

I proceed to publish

But I don’t get any subscriber information on MailerLite…

Any ideas why the subscriber data is not populating if zapier test is successful ?

Thank you,

Oscar

icon

Best answer by oscarchavarria 29 September 2023, 01:13

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @oscarchavarria 

Good question.

We will need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context.

I have the same issue, it was working as early as last month. The Zap in question adds a new subscriber to a Mailerlite (v2) Group after a successful form submission in Netlify Forms. The submission is processed in Netlify and the Zap is shown as a success in Zapier, but no trace of any data reaching Mailerlite.

Here is a link to the template:

https://zapier.com/shared/281c2cf5d4125829f221f37961b0d73c1e6720a3

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @wjh18 

Probably best to start your own topic so it gets proper attention.

Unfortunately sharing a Zap link won’t show us how your Zap steps are configured, so we’ll need to see screenshots.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this. I found the error was not in the zap, but a pull down menu selection.  I was supposed to select “create or update subscriber”.

Now it is working.

Thank you,

Oscar

You used to be able to add them to a subscriber group in 1 step (which would also create the subscriber). Now the task was changed to the above to achieve the same thing. This broke all the forms on my websites for (over a month?) without so much as a warning. I didn’t change a thing. How do I get notified of breaking changes to my Zaps moving forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wjh18 

NOTE: There are 2 MailerLite Zap apps, so it may depend on which you are using.

Both versions have an action for Create/Update Subscriber which has the ability to set the Subscriber Groups.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this. I found the error was not in the zap, but a pull down menu selection.  I was supposed to select “create or update subscriber”.

Now it is working.

Thank you,

Oscar

Thanks for sharing, it solved my problem too 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s amazing @oscarchavarria! I’m glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out and thank you for sharing the solution here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

I was having the same issue, but I have the correct Event set up and it’s still not working. Anyone have any ideas as to why? 

Hi,

Now it is working.

Thank you,

Oscar

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jessinjersey,

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

Are you still running into the issue here? Please let me know. I’d be happy to help troubleshoot further.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi and thanks for following up! After much banging my head against the wall, I finally realized that Mailerlite automatically turns on double-opt-in for API Integrations. Once I turned that off it started working properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @jessinjersey! We’re happy to hear that you have resolved the issue!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗