Best answer

My Zap isn't sending subscribers from my bot to Mailerlite.

• 14 December 2023
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created a Zap to connect my Bot (Aminos) submission to Mailer Lite.
Zapier connects to my bot without a glitch and properly identifies the name and email I want to capture.

Same result with MailerLite, I am able to identify and select the subscriber group and the email field.  When completing the test I get the following message:

“A Subscriber was sent to MailerLite about 1 second ago”

I proceed to publish

But I don’t get any subscriber information on MailerLite…

Any ideas why the subscriber data is not populating if zapier test is successful ?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 March 2024, 16:23

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ScottJ 

The returned data shows the ID of the Subscriber that was created or updated in MailerLite, which you can use to check.

Userlevel 1

That was the record I selected when designating the fields. Email Field, Name field, etc.  Maybe I should start over with a new zap and select the sample as a real email and name.

After it said, the subscriber had been sent, I assumed that it did and then went to my bot to try it with a real name and email

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ScottJ

Post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

• Zap trigger step
  • MailerLite action step

Userlevel 1
I just updated the email to a real email. I will report back with the results.

Userlevel 1

Okay, so here is what is happening. When I “Test” it does send the information to Mailerlite. YEAH!!! BUT… If I do it from the bot, it never arrives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ScottJ

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured to have context.

Some Zap triggers are scheduled.

Userlevel 1

So, when retesting, the email does get into my mailerlite. 

However, not when I use the bot. My thoughts are that settings are correct in this Zap. It is the bot that is malfunctioning.

posting video in a moment

Userlevel 1

Here is what I did, I started over as you can see, the zap reached over and I selected a subscriber:

The Loom video shows that the test worked. The email was delivered in test mode.

I then published it and tested again from the bot side and, it did not work.

At the end, I was looking in Mailerlite and was frustrated that the email did not show up and then, to my surprise I received an email notification.

Close to solving this, just need it to work in published mode from the bot side.  www.GraceonFire.net is where the Jamie the bot lives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ScottJ 

Some Zap triggers are scheduled which means those can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

You can try reaching out to Aminos Support for guidance about troubleshooting their Zap app integration.

Userlevel 1

I appreciate all of your help on this.   But, I guess.. this is not going to work. Tried and tried.  Aminos doesn’t answer my support tickets, Mailerlite tells me to contact support at Zapier (can’t do that unless I am paying $29 a month).

According to the information below, everything is working. Problem is, it never reached my Mailerlite account. The list name is: Grace Empowered Living

DATA OUT: 

data:

id:

email:

questworx@gmail.com

active

source:

manual

sent:

opens_count:

clicks_count:

open_rate:

click_rate:

ip_address:

subscribed_at:

2019-05-24 19:13:57

unsubscribed_at:

null

created_at:

2022-06-16 20:00:52

updated_at:

2023-12-17 17:49:51

fields:name:

scott

last_name:

Johnson

company:

Mr.

US

city:

Littleton

phone:

null

state:

CO

z_i_p:

null

zip:

woo_orders_count:

null

woo_total_spent:

null

woo_last_order:

null

groups:0:id:

name:

Grace Empowered Living

active_count:

sent_count:

opens_count:

open_rate:float:

string:

60%

clicks_count:

click_rate:float:

string:

20%

unsubscribed_count:

unconfirmed_count:

bounced_count:

junk_count:

created_at:

2023-10-30 20:24:47

1:id:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ScottJ 

Make sure the email being used to test isn’t unsubscribed in MailerLite.

Can you show the DATA OUT from Step 2 in the Zap Run?

Userlevel 1

I’ve deleted that email inside of Mailerlite from previous use.

You can try the bot at www.GraceOnFire.net as well.

Here is the Data Out information

DATA OUT: 

data:

id:

email:

questworx@gmail.com

active

source:

manual

sent:

opens_count:

clicks_count:

open_rate:

click_rate:

ip_address:

subscribed_at:

2019-05-24 19:13:57

unsubscribed_at:

null

created_at:

2022-06-16 20:00:52

updated_at:

2023-12-17 17:49:51

fields:name:

scott

last_name:

Johnson

company:

Mr.

US

city:

Littleton

phone:

null

state:

CO

z_i_p:

null

zip:

woo_orders_count:

null

woo_total_spent:

null

woo_last_order:

null

groups:0:id:

name:

Grace Empowered Living

active_count:

sent_count:

opens_count:

open_rate:float:

string:

60%

clicks_count:

click_rate:float:

string:

20%

unsubscribed_count:

unconfirmed_count:

bounced_count:

junk_count:

created_at:

2023-10-30 20:24:47

1:id:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ScottJ 

You should be able to use this ID to find the matching Subscriber in MailerLite.

id: 58101231756772731

Userlevel 1

The email never lands in MailerLite. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ScottJ,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the MailerLite app where subscribers are not created despite successful run when using the “Create or Update Subscriber” action step. 

I've added your email address as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Wow… Thank you so much Ken for resolving this and saving me from spending days on this. Now, I need to find a temporary solution.  Just want to send out a single email response with a link to their requested download link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @ScottJ!

You can use Webhooks by Zapier as a workaround for this. You can use the MailerLite API to Create or Update subscribers. Here’s the link to their API documentation: https://developers.mailerlite.com/docs/subscribers.html#create-upsert-subscriber

You can learn more about using Webhooks by Zapier as an action here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496326446989-Send-webhooks-in-Zaps

Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected. 

If you’d like help setting up Webhooks by Zapier. I’d recommend consulting with one of our certified Zapier Experts. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/experts 

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @ScottJ 👋

Marina here, reaching out as I've been in touch with the team at Mailerlite about the issue you were having with the Create/Update Subscriber action, where it appeared successful in your Zap history but the subscriber didn't actually get created/updated in Mailerlite.

They are currently troubleshooting the issue and having some trouble recreating this. Can you please confirm if this is still happening for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop by here to share that we’ve worked with MailerLite’s developers on this issue and it’s been resolved. 🎉

That said, if you’re still experiencing issues with subscribers not being created or updated despite them showing as successful in the Zap run, please do reach out to our Support team and they’ll be happy to investigate further. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡