Best answer

My Zap isn't sending emails to the Sales Agent from Zapier Table.

• 26 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am collecting an application form on my website using Elementor forms, and sending the data to a Zapier Table to compile information on a customer. The entry is also being updated from other Zaps to pull information from other sources including Calendly. Meaning, this specific Zapier Table is pulling data from multiple streams.

Once the new record in the table is complete, I want to send an email to the Sales Agent with all the customer information. The Sales Agent is added to the table via a Zap that uses fields from Calednly.

However, when I choose the data field that corresponds to the Sales Agent’s email address, the email does not get sent. BUT, if I manually type in an email address, this Zap works. So I can confirm the Zap works but I need this Zap to be sent to a specific sales agent based on the field inputs in the Zapier Table. 

Can you please help me troubleshoot?

You can see below that this Zap works and sends the email to “sirena@kaiara.com” but it does not send it to “jessilynn@kaiara.com” which is a field from the Zapier table. 

In the Zapier Table, the field type is set to “E-mail”.

icon

Best answer by Tobbe 27 October 2023, 19:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Team Angel 

Good question.

Can you provide proof that the email is not sent to both TO recipients? (screenshots)

The 1 sent email should have 2 email recipients.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am sending you 2 screenshots: 

1. Is a successful email sent to both “sirena@kaiara.com” and “jessilynn@kaiara.com” but that is only when I “Test” the Zap inside Zapier.
  2. Is an unsuccessful email sent to “jessilynn@kaiara.com” when I go through the funnel as a customer would. 

Any advice would be helpful!

Sirena

This one that has both of our emails is successful when I “test” it inside Zapier.

This email is unsuccessful when I go through the funnel as a customer would:

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Team Angel 

Check your Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

The Zap is configured to fire when there is a New Record in Zapier Tables.

If there is no value for the field “Scheduled Team Angel”, when the record is created, then the error will happen.

Could the problem be that the table row is created when the Elementor form is submitted, then the information from Calendly comes into the row. So when the row is created no email is present in the table row because the information has not been populated by Calendly yet. 

Maybe change the trigger to “New or Updated Record in Zapier Tables” and then put in a filter step so it only allows rows with the email populated to pass. 

Userlevel 1

This is exactly the issue! I was able to continue the Calendly app to then fire off an email, so this issue has now been resolved. Thank you all so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s amazing @Tobbe! Thank you for pointing @Team Angel in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗