Question

My Zap isn't pulling relevant tag data from Perspective.co to Active Campaign

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear Community

I have created Zaps that pull data from Perspective.co and update or create a contact with name, email, and a tag in Active Campaign. I tested it multiple times last week, and it worked just fine. But now, all of a sudden, it doesn’t pull the relevant tag data through anymore which triggers my automation in Active Campaign.

I’m honestly desperate right now because I ran into this problem before, and I don’t understand why it’s working fine and then doesn’t work anymore.

I’m using the freemium version.

Thank you for your help

Best

Josefine

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Josefine!  

Does the Zap that was working previously, add a tag to a contact in ActiveCampaign which then kicks off an automation within ActiveCampaign?

If so, is the issue that the Zap is no longer adding the tag? In which case, are you seeing any errors in the Zap History? Or is saying that it’s running successfully but the tags aren’t being added? 

Or is the issue more that the Zap was meant to trigger when a new tag was added but it’s not triggering? 

Also, have there been any changes to the tags within ActiveCampaign? If they’ve been renamed or deleted then re-added that might be why the Zap is not longer able to use them. In which case you’d want to reselect the relevant tags within the Zap in order to get it working again.

If that doesn’t help, any further details or screenshots you could share to help give some more context would be much appreciated. Don’t forget to remove/hide any private information like names, emails, phone numbers etc from any screenshots first.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Sam,

thanks for your quick respone. Yes, the zap adds a tag to a contact in ActiveCampaign which the kicks off an automation within AC. The issue is that the Zap is no longer adding the tag, but I am not seeing any errors, and it says the Zap ran successfully.

As you can see from the examples below, data in and out differ from this week to last week, but I didn’t change the Zap.

How I set up the zap:

​​​​​​The Zap when it wasn’t successful​

The Zap when it was successful

I hope this helps and you have an idea of what the problem might be. I still have 67/100 tasks and 4/5 zaps.

Thanks, Josefine

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Josefine,

I am jumping in here to see if I can help! I did some digging into this, and it seems like Perspective sends us a record before all the fields (like Result) are fully populated:

0a536c12da16426a372c34d600c46343.png
(view larger)

Our notes suggest changing the trigger to “Visitor Completed a Funnel” for better results. Could you please try changing the trigger to “Visitor Completed a Funnel?”

Please give that a try and keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks! 😊