Question

My Zap is stuck at "delayed/waiting" during captioning via Dropbox.

• 19 October 2023
  • 11 replies

I have been trying to automate the following: New video upload to Dropbox, send to Captions app for captioning, sent captioned video to dropbox output folder and then email me when this is complete. The zap always seems to get stuck at delayed/waiting during the captions phase. 

Any help?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Doza 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Doza 

Can you show screenshots to give us context about the delayed/waiting issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Doza 

Files larger than 100 MB may result in a time out error.

How big are the files you are trying to use? (size in MBs)

Waiting

A waiting status indicates that the Zap run is waiting to complete.
Waiting statuses are subdivided into:

• Delayed: the Zap run has a delay step that is postponing the completion of the Zap run.
  • Scheduled: the Zap is scheduled to be run again with autoreplay.

I’ve compressed them to be under 100mb. One video im testing with is 86mb

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Doza 

Have you tried reaching out to Captions Support about this issue with their Zap app integration?

FYI: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves on the Zapier Developer Platform.

Or you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I have not, I’ll give it a try

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Doza,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

This issue might be related to the recent incident with Zapier:

https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

9f37b4996d1588d87dcbcb4966b17ef6.png
(view larger)

Have you tried replaying that Zap run? Please keep us posted! 😊

I tried again an had no luck. I spoke to support at the Captions app and they said they have only ever gotten it to work with google drive as the trigger and that it is all still very clunky and experimental. Unfortunate

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Doza! 👋

Just wanted to check how you were getting on with this? It looks like the Zap was likely being delayed due to the incident that Ken referenced. Now that the incident has been resolved is that Captions action in the Zap still being delayed? Or are you seeing a new error? 

And if you are seeing a new error, can you please share a screenshot showing the full error message that appears? Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from the screenshot before sharing.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂