Best answer

My Zap is sending multiple Gmail emails at the end of Zap.

• 5 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Zap that works perfectly, except that it sends multiple emails at the end. The Zap looks like this; 

1. Wix Automation 
2. B Human AI Video Creation 
3. Email Sent by Gmail with B Human AI Video in it. 

Basically when ever anyone subscribes to the mailing list, this automation is supposed to work. The issue is that Gmail is sending four emails every-time instead, of one. 

I tried to use a Label (inbox, and others) thinking that was the issue, but that didn’t do anything. 

I thought maybe the data was bad from Wix so I used Formater in between steps 1 and 2 to exact the email, that didn’t work either. 

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated!!!

icon

Best answer by ZapStar 5 October 2023, 20:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapStar 

Good question.

Can you show proof from your Zap Runs with the timestamps of the repeated email sends by Gmail?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Attached are screen shots of the Zap Run. I don’t see anything in there that would show why its sending 4 emails. 

I have also attached a screen shot from the Google account, where you can see the 4 emails have been sent. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I spoke too soon, attached is a screen shot from Zap Runs showing the time stamp of four emails. 

Any idea how to fix this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapStar

How is the Wix Automation configured?

Is this happening for every user or randomly?

It could be that the Wix Automation triggered 4 separate times since those timestamps are not all the same.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I thought it might be Wix, so I just changed the subscription page over to Mail Chimp. Now instead of sending 4 emails, is only sending 2 (attached). 

Any ideas? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ZapStar

How is the Wix Automation configured?

Is this happening for every user or randomly?

It could be that the Wix Automation triggered 4 separate times since those timestamps are not all the same.

It’s every user. Everytime that some subscribes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapStar 

We would need proof that these 2 Zap Runs are for the same data.

We would need to see screenshots of the DATA OUT from the Mailchimp trigger step.

FYI...it’s written as Mailchimp

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ZapStar

We would need proof that these 2 Zap Runs are for the same data.

We would need to see screenshots of the DATA OUT from the Mailchimp trigger step.

FYI...it’s written as Mailchimp

It appears that it has resolved itself now with MailChimp, it is only sending one email. 

Thanks for all your help Troy! Have a great day

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great to hear @ZapStar! Glad to hear the issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗