Question

My zap is giving an error about group value

• 7 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to connect zapier to mailerlite.

I have a zap set up so that when a person signs up for a particular course (let’s call it digital party planner) they get added to a group in mailerlite (let’s call it zenler-digital party planner). However, when I set it up, I didn't put anything in the choose value section on zapier because I want it to choose the group based off the course in zenler. It therefore failed and said the group value was 0 and needed a number. How do I do it so that it picks the correct group in mailerlite based on the correct course in zenler?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @akids 

The field likely expects the internal ID value rather than a Course Name.

Help article about mapping dynamic values for a dropdown field: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/integrations

@Troy Tessalone thank you for answering and please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to look through the dropbox integrations but that’s confusing me even more. I have to have a middle step with dropbox?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@akids 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

1. zap where event is new sale
  2. mailerlite where event is create or update subscriber
  • action -I chose the subscriber group zenler 1. course name: Celebration Station: ( this is from the test data that I could choose from)
  • then under the group where it says choose value, I choose the Mailerlite group named Celebration station and that has a long number after it but it only inputs Celebration Station:
  • then I fill in the appropriate fields I want it to keep-like email, name, etc and hit continue

then I get the error 

Failed to create a subscriber in MailerLite

The app returned "The groups.0 field must be a number.".

Troubleshoot error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@akids 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Error indicates the Subscriber Groups field expects a number value to be passed.

Help article about mapping dynamic values for a dropdown field: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/integrations

Failed to create a subscriber in MailerLite

The app returned "The groups.0 field must be a number.".