Skip to main content

I use netlify form to grab client data and input Follow Up Boss (FUB). I recently updated my form and attempting to change the zap which went smoothly until I realized it forgot to add the client’s name.

Test Results:
Data in
person_firstName: Bob
person_LastName: Guy

Data out
person_firstName: Client 123
​​​​​​​person_LastName: 

Before they submit forms, I give them simple labels. So client 123 is what I call them before I have a name to enter. In my previous zaps, zapier has been able to override my place holder names.

Configure stage to grab names from the form
Test stage, data in, shows the correct name
Test stage, data out, shows the previous name

Hi @Mish_S 

For live Zap Runs when you Zap is turned ON, check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks Troy,

I used Zap Runs history and believe I have concluded that the step works correctly as intended.

It was able to create a contact with the desired name, but unable to edit a contact with a name already assigned.

Test 1 New Contact

Test 2 Updating Contact (Placeholder Name)

@Mish_S 

To update a Contact it may require an email address or a phone number which are unique data points.

@Mish_S 

Zap action: FUB - Find a Contact

Requires searching by Contact Phone, Email, or FUB Contact ID.

I’ll add the step to see if it is able too. The current step does update the rest of the information on an existing person.

Using “Find a Contact” to grab the phone number from the previous step, gave the same output. It was unable to update name but still changed other information on the correct contact.

Hi @Mish_S,

You might be running into a bug here. I suggest contacting our Support Team to help us investigate this issue further, as they have the necessary tools to do so.

You can get in touch with our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​

I appreciate your patience and understanding.