Best answer

My Zap from Acuity to Zoom meeting is always set at 8:23 p.m.

• 25 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey, y’all!

I have a zap set up so that if anyone books an appointment with me in acuity, it is supposed to automatically schedule a zoom meeting. Everything works fine, except for the time. It always fills the time in on zoom as 8:23 pm no matter what time the appointment is set for in Acuity. Can someone help me fix that? I know it has to be something ridiculously simple that I am overlooking. I’m pretty un-techsavvy but can figure things out with clear instructions. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 August 2023, 18:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Katie C 

Good question.

To help us have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Sure, @Troy Tessalone! Here are some screen shots as requested. I actually have a meeting coming up in 12 minutes, so I have attached what it shows in zoom when it pops up on my screen, as well as the sequence set up in Zapier.

We have a standing appointment every other Wednesday, and it always sets the time as 8:23 pm, which I recall being the exact time of the evening I set the zap up. So, not sure how to correct it. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Katie C 

The When field expects a date/time value as indicated by the 2 icons. (calendar and clock)

You may need to use a Zap action to get the data from Acuity into the right format for Zoom.

Zap action: Formatter > Date & Time > Format

The way you have the When field configured is with 5 different data points on separate lines which is causing the issue.

Userlevel 1

Ah, that makes sense.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much, @Troy Tessalone ! You’re my hero for the day! A simple solution that I was overlooking. Just as I thought. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Katie C! We’re glad to hear everything is now sorted out, thanks to Troy’s help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊