Question

My Zap for Google Sheets intermittently mixes fields when creating contacts.

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

A while ago I created a very simple Zap to convert new rows in google sheets to contacts in google.  It was working fine. Then, without any changes to either the Zap or the spreadsheet the fields started mixing up, with the email in the phone field and the address split.  The contacts are now also being created so that the name is there but not in the name fields in contact.  

as someone who is new to Zaps I figured I had done something wrong so I went back to the Zap, editied it and re-matched all the fields. It worked fine for a day or two and then again started mixing the fields.  Whjat I dont understand is why it works fine for a while and then goes wrong even if I haven't even logged into Zapier. 

It is so frustrating as it is such a simple Zap and so helpful but not if I end up with the information in the wrong fields.  Can anyone shed any light on what I may be doing wrong.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Florakate 

Good question.

Sounds like the GSheet may be getting altered after the Zap is turned ON.

In addition to this, making the following changes to your spreadsheet while the Zap is turned on can cause errors:

• Deleting existing rows or columns.
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Resorting the sheet.
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging columns.
  • Renaming the sheet.
  • Filtering the sheet.

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, turn your Zap off while you work on the spreadsheet, and then turn it back on again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Florakate 

You may want to consider using Airtable in GSheets as it’s more stable for use in integrations and automations.