Question

My Zap doesn’t give me an email option to find the email address for the contact in HubSpot

• 26 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Have spent two days trying to figure this zap out! It seems like it should be simple so I don’t get why it’s not working!! When a deal is moved to certain stages I want Jotform to send a form, but for some reason I cannot see the field to assign the email address in Hubspot. It doesn’t give me an email option to find the email address for the contact in Hubspot. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shel 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

HI @Troy Tessalone 

This is as far as I got! I can see lots of 1.Deal but none that say Contact or email address. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Shel is there a “Contact ID” listed in the drop-down of fields? You may be able to use that to find the contact, return the email address, and then use that email address to assign the form in Jotform. Let us know!

Hi @jesse 

That’s what I thought but there’s nothing in the list that says Contact, it’s all Deal or Analytics :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shel 

Please confirm what Zap trigger you are using by providing a screenshot.

If the Deal is linked to a Contact in HubSpot, then you can use this Zap action to get more details about the Contact: HubSpot - Find Associations

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I don’t have anything that says ‘Find Associations’ either, is that the stage that I have missed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shel

If the Deal is linked to a Contact in HubSpot and returns a Contact ID from step 1, then you can use this Zap action as Step 2 to get more details about the Contact: HubSpot - Find Associations

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for your help but I don’t understand what this bit means - returns a Contact ID from step 1. I’ll contact support and get them to set up the zap for me :) I’ve spent far too much time trying to figure this out!! 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shel 

I’m not sure Zapier Support can configure Zaps on your behalf, and only may be able to provide guidance.

Consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts