Question

My Zap connected to CleverReach isn't sending double opt-in emails despite being enabled

I was able to connect the zap to cleverreach and it sent a test user to the list. it did not send the double opt-in email however, although it is set to “yes” in the zap.

Any idea why?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @webfeuerflo 

Hmm, I’m not sure why that would be happening. Was the user that you added to CleverReach already a subscriber? If they were already subscribed, that would explain why they didn’t get the opt-in. 

Could you share some more context to help us see if we can get to the bottom of this one? What is the trigger for the Zap, where’s the new user coming from? Are you using the Add/Update Subscriber action?

Thanks!

the user is coming from the convert forms app and I tried it with several mail-addresses that were never subscribed. the get added as inactive in cleverreach but I never receive an confirmation mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @webfeuerflo,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Have you tried triggering the Zap by using your personal email address or any other valid email address to see if it’ll send you the double opt-in email?

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

of course. I tried many different addresses that I have access to and none received the confirmation mail

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @webfeuerflo 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

“Double opt-in process enables sending activation mail. Please create at least one form in order to use this feature”. Have you created at least one form?

You may refer to this link: https://www.cleverreach.com/en-de/newsletter-tool/email-marketing-automation/tags-as-triggers-in-email-automation/.

Yes i did and it works if I use this form. It just does not if I send the users via zapier 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @webfeuerflo 

Can you try turning the Zap off and then turning it back on again after a minute so the Zap will be refreshed?

After that, you can try to trigger the Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @webfeuerflo,

I’m not super familiar with Cleverreach but I noticed these fields (Newsletter Subscription and Activate Recipients):

Not sure if those are relevant at all?

If not, it sounds like you might be running into some sort of bug, given what you’ve described. I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team and letting them know that as far as you can tell, you’ve set things up correctly but it’s not working as intended.

how can I reach the support team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @webfeuerflo,

To get in touch with our Support team, please follow this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to you! Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Have a great day! 😊