Question

My Zap beetween Shopify and Keap Max Classic doesn't work

• 15 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Good morning,

I have an issue with my new zap between Shopify and Keap Max Classic. I’m trying to connect the apps in this way: when a new order is created on Shopify, a new order is created on Keap Max Classic too.

But it doesn’t work because there’s an error with product names. I attach a picture.

Two days ago, I wrote to Zapier support, but I didn’t solve the issue. 

I don’t know why it doesn’t work. Could anyone help me?

Thank you so much.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Giuseppe Barbaro 

Good question.

Based on the screenshot it appears that Keap expects the internal Product ID instead of the Product Name.

You may need to maintain a Lookup Table to translate values between the apps or use a Keap Find Product step (but that doesn’t appear to be available via the Zap integration).

Lookup Table: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Giuseppe Barbaro! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this sorted?

I know you’re still chatting with my friends in Support as well! Between the Community and their help hopefully we’re able to get you on track. Let us know!

Hi @Giuseppe Barbaro 

Good question.

Based on the screenshot it appears that Keap expects the internal Product ID instead of the Product Name.

You may need to maintain a Lookup Table to translate values between the apps or use a Keap Find Product step (but that doesn’t appear to be available via the Zap integration).

Lookup Table: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Good morning!
I’ve tried to create Lookup Table but it doesn’t work. Maybe I don’t understand which value put into “Lookup Table”. Could you please help me?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Giuseppe Barbaro 

Using the screenshot you sent, in the ‘Lookup Key’ field, you would have to map just the ‘Line Items[]name’ from the trigger.

In the ‘Lookup Table’ section, on the left-side fields, manually type the individual item names as they appear in Shopify. On the right-side fields, manually type the corresponding Product IDs for each of the items as they appear in Keap Max Classic.

As Troy, had mentioned, a ‘Find Product’ action in Keap Max Classic would have been preferable here but that action is not available. We do have a feature request about this as some other users have also requested that feature and I have added you as well as an interested user of the feature.

I hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Giuseppe Barbaro!

Let’s take a step back so we can understand what the lookup table would do. When you get an order, the look up table would look at the name of the product and use the table to find the product number (as it is in Keap) that matches that product name from Shopify. You would then use the product number in the Keap step, instead of the name. 

I think that you can absolutely set up a Zap to do what you need for this, but it’s going to be a little complicated because the information from Shopify is line items, a special way of sending data when there’s more than one of something. Also, if you have lots of products, or might want to add more products in the future, you will need to use Google sheets as a Lookup Table instead of the Formatter action. As you can see, there’s a lot to think about and understand in order to get things up and running and you’ll need somebody to take a look at the steps in your Zap so they can better help you. Because of that, the best thing to do here is to continue the conversation that you are having with Will in our Support Team. Will (or anyone in the team) will be super happy to walk you through how to set up your Zap to work the way that you need it to. If you like, you can send a link to this Community conversation to give them some more context 😁