Question

My zap adds monday item (client name + email) to ConvertKit form successfully but it is not showing in ConvertKit

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am lost here! 😅 Here is what I am trying to do:

The zap consist of when a new item is added to a specific board>group in Monday then add name and email to a converkit form:

Monday board, group and test item.

Email comes from “Email” field in Monday and First name comes from “Event Pulse Name” (the text in the item, which in this example we pretend the subcriber’s name is “Third Test”): 

The form in converkit only has First Name and email fields, so the data we are pulling from Monday is only that, name and email.

It triggers successfully in zapier but in converkit the form shows no subscribers:

Converkit form
Even when it triggers in zapier, nothing shows in converkit

What am I missing?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PHall 

Good question.

Help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495978497549-Common-Problems-with-ConvertKit-on-Zapier#subscriber-isn-t-showing-up-on-the-form-even-though-the-task-is-successful-0-0

Subscriber isn't showing up on the form even though the task is successful

By default, ConvertKit requires that subscribers double opt-in to emails for confirmation. That means they won't show up on the list until they confirm their subscription. If you'd like to automatically add them to the list, you can turn off the double opt-in by going to the Form settings, then clicking Incentive Email, and selecting "auto-confirm new members" at the bottom.

Hi @PHall 

Good question.

Help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495978497549-Common-Problems-with-ConvertKit-on-Zapier#subscriber-isn-t-showing-up-on-the-form-even-though-the-task-is-successful-0-0

Subscriber isn't showing up on the form even though the task is successful

By default, ConvertKit requires that subscribers double opt-in to emails for confirmation. That means they won't show up on the list until they confirm their subscription. If you'd like to automatically add them to the list, you can turn off the double opt-in by going to the Form settings, then clicking Incentive Email, and selecting "auto-confirm new members" at the bottom.

Hi @Troy Tessalone thank you, and this is already the case, for got to mention this in my post: 

The form is already set for auto confirm but zap does not do its magic!

Any other thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @PHall,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like ConvertKit is one of those apps that will bounce/prevent "test" email addresses. Please check to ensure that you are sending over a legit email address.

Also, I suggest reconnecting your ConvertKit account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/convertkit. Once you've done that, go ahead and publish the Zap. After it's published, you can trigger it to see if it successfully adds the subscriber.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hey @ken.a thank you, converkit was already connected to zapier, but I connected again.

The email address is a valid one, but I edited the item name from “Third Test” to my name.

Refreshed the whole thing, retested, published but still nothing happens in converkit 

Current status

Any other ideas? I appreciate your support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @PHall,

Thank you for your patience and for giving that a try!

It seems like the trigger step might be the one causing the issue here. Could you please try triggering the Zap again and keep an eye on the Zap History to see if it runs? If it doesn't, the Zap might not be triggering properly.

Here are some steps you could try with monday.com:

1. Turn off the Zap.
  2. Reconnect your monday.com account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/monday
  3. Turn the Zap back on.
  4. Trigger the Zap by creating a new item in the selected monday.com board.
  5. Wait for 1-3 minutes to see if it triggers the Zap in the Zap History.

Please give those a try, and let us know how it goes! 😊