Best answer

My Gmail signature image appears as a broken link in my Zap.

• 7 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m trying to send an email via Gmail that has an image in the signature. However, the image appears as a broken link, like this:

The image appears fine when I send emails from the Gmail website. I also tried just creating a draft with Zapier, but I get the same problem.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by graemian 17 August 2023, 14:12

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @graemian 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how the Gmail Zap step is configured to give us more context.

Badge

This is the relevant Gmail action config:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@graemian 

In Gmail, check your Settings, and make sure the Email Signature is configured using a public link to the hosted image.

Badge

I just pasted the image into the signature box. There are no other settings that I can find.

I’d prefer that the signature image is embedded in the email, like it is when you send directly out of Gmail.

Are you suggesting that Zapier doesn’t support this? You can only use images in signatures if they are references to public URLs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@graemian 

Can you show the desired Signature in the dropdown list so we can see the HTML?

EXAMPLE

Badge

See below - it’s the one in blue:

Those strange URLs must be how Gmail deals with images pasted into signatures

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@graemian 

You can try updating the Signature in Gmail Settings to see if that fixes it.

Badge

Which signature settings are you referring to?

I can only see these:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@graemian 

Yes, those in Gmail.

You can try creating a new Signature and testing to see if that resolves the issue.

Badge

I played around a bit more. It seems the problem occurs if you paste the image into the signature. If you upload it, it works properly.

I guess it’s still a Zapier bug though. It should work for both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for popping back here to share how you solved this @graemian! It’s much appreciated! 🤗 

I’m not 100% sure if it’s a bug. I suspect it might instead be some quirk with the access permissions for the pasted image that was added to the signature Gmail. But would probably be best to reach out to our Support team to investigate further. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your Zap to better identify if this is indeed a bug with the Gmail app. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help