Best answer

My Airtable to Email Zap triggering duplicate emails and Google Sheet entries.

• 5 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I created an automation where line items from AirTable record are “unpacked” and then processed with Looping by Zapier. Ideally I would like to send emails to each of the addresses, but I noticed that it sends me 2 identical emails to each address every time the Zap is triggered.

For testing purposes, I am sending the records processed by Looping by Zapier to a Google Sheet, but as you can see the rows are duplicated each time as are my mails. 

How can I solve this? Is there some setting I need to set?

AirTable record
Output test on GSheet

icon

Best answer by Adam From Chalo 5 December 2023, 20:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adam From Chalo 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context.

Things to check:

• Is the Zap Webhook triggering twice from Airtable?
  • Check your Zap Runs to see the data and timestamps of the DATA IN/OUT for each step

Userlevel 1
Badge

I checked the Zap historical, and it shows 6 repetitions. They should be only 3. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is my Zap configuration. Any advice on how to optimise it, it’s more than welcomed ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adam From Chalo 

Perhaps you clicked the button twice in Airtable?

The timestamps for what appears to be the first 2 runs are 1 second apart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Adam From Chalo 

You may want to create an Airtable Automation to trigger the Zap webhook instead of relying on a user to click a button.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mystery solved! I was clicking anyway just one. 

But there’s was some Chrome Extension that was triggering the webhook twice. Very weird, but problem solved. 

Thanks for your prompt assistance Troy! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s fantastic news @Adam From Chalo! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Also, big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊