Question

Multiple Zaps at the same time

• 5 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I have a Zap that takes about 1 minute to run the entire process. It enters and withdraws information into an airtable grid throughout the process.

The Zap is triggered when a client completes and submits a form from my website.

I am concerned that if multiple clients submit the form at the same time, that there may be a clash of information in the back-end.

What is the best way to ensure that only one form submission is dealt with at a time? 

I could end up with 3 submissions at the same time, so am needing some guidance on how to work around this please.

Many thanks in advance!

Baine

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Baine! 👋

I’d have thought that each form submission would most likely be added as a new and separate record for each form submission into Airtable and not overwrite each other. But we do have a Delay After Queue (Delay) action you could add to the Zap to be on the safe side. It would allow you to delay actions from running until the previous set of actions in the queue had completed. We usually recommend it for cases where a Zap is running into rate limit requests but it could be used to prevent multiple runs of a Zap running simultaneously.

You can learn more about how to add that sort of delay to you Zap here: Delay after queue

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues on that at all just let us know!